The Legislative Assembly BuildingCurrently Closed
- Address: 4517 48 Street Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9 Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8676692200
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Legislative Assembly Building - Review
The Legislative Assembly is the seat of elected government in the Northwest Territories. The building is built beautifully and has become the symbol of solidarity and uniqueness in Yellowknife. Bordering the Frame Lake, the building does not only enjoy a strategically picturesque location but also stands out for its tasteful architecture and design. A host of displays address the history of the legislative assembly and the government. There are beautiful paintings that have been expertly displayed and add to the ambiance of the place.
The Legislative Assembly Building Information
- Free guided tours are available from Monday to Friday.
- Self-guided audio tours are available during regular Legislative Assembly building hours and are available in the official languages of the NWT and in Japanese.
The Legislative Assembly Building Opening and Closing Hours
- Tour Schedule: September 1 to May 31 - Weekdays - 10.30 am
- June 1 to August 31 - Weekdays - 10.30 am, 1.30 pm, and 3.30 pm, Sundays - 1.30 pm
How To reach The Legislative Assembly Building by Public Transport
- Travel by taxi to reach this destination.
Restaurants Near The Legislative Assembly Building
- The Explorer Hotel
- TrapLine Lounge
- Fuego International Cuisine
- Vietnamese Noodle House
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Yellowknife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowknife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Legislative Assembly Building
95% of people who visit Yellowknife include The Legislative Assembly Building in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
66.6% of people start their The Legislative Assembly Building visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Legislative Assembly Building
58.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Legislative Assembly Building
The Legislative Assembly Building Map
The Legislative Assembly Building Trips
The Legislative Assembly Building, Yellowknife Reviews
Excellent tour that speaks about the building design and how it ties into the indigenous peoples of NWT. Amazing to learn that a government body in Canada is built around its people and respect for its indigenous peoples and their wisdom. This is a beautiful building with brilliant architectural design that weaves in different aspects of 11 different nations and languages of NWT. Highly recommended!
Interesting place for visitors who want to learn more about the Northwest Territories. There is a cafe too
The security guy do the introduction and he’s really nice! Also the Christmas atmosphere and setting are great.
Dont forget to go inside the hall and take sime photos. Right stairs up.
Excellent tour. Comprehensive overview of the legislative system and beautiful artifacts/symbols/gifts from across Canada.
All QuestionsThe legislative assembly building
- Greater Harvest Baptist Church Office
- Universal Life Of Hope Church
- Westside Bus Terminal
- Museum Of African-American History
- Ford Memorial United Methodist Church
- Motor City Missionary Baptist Church
- Our Lady Queen-Heaven Church
- More Excellent Way Cathedral Church
- Art By Faith
- Blessed Ground Church International Ministries
- Church Of Jesus Christ
- Art's Place
- Elton Park
- Greater MacEdonia Church Of God In Christ
- DPM - Grand Circus Park Station