Castle Geyser1809 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Castle Geyser, Yellowstone National Park Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Castle, Family And Kids
One of the highlights of the Yellowstone National Park, the Castle geyser erupts to a height of around 90 feet every 10-12 hours. The height of the geyser itself along with its shape, changes after every eruption that causes minerals to deposit around its opening.
The eruption stays for about 20 minutes and often you will find people waiting to see the hot water jet vertically into the air. The geyser was named in 1870 after resembling a Castle or Fort that is believed to have a greater eruption in the past than its current flow. However, even today, the bubbles and the steaming hot water are rather fierce and are best seen from a distance.
Castle Geyser Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and comfortable clothes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castle Geyser
Admission Fee for Yellowstone National Park:
- Private, non-commercial vehicle: USD 30
- Motorcycle: USD 25
- Individuals by foot, bicycle, ski, etc: USD 15
- Non-commercial bus or vehicle with capacity of 16 people or more: USD 15 (exception for School groups and other bona fide national and international academic institutions may be eligible for an Academic Fee Waiver/ Anyone 15 years or younger is exempt from paying an entrance fee/ Passes may be used for entry as defined on the back of the pass)
- Interagency Senior Pass: USD 10 (Lifetime admission and discount pass for US citizens or permanent residents who are age 62 and older)
- Interagency Access Pass: Free (Lifetime admission and discount pass for US citizens or permanent residents with documentation of permanent disability)
- Interagency Volunteer Pass: Free (Annual pass for volunteers with 250 cumulative service hours with federal agencies that participate in the Interagency Pass Program)
- For annual pass prices, visit the official website.
Castle Geyser Hours
- The Park is Open 24 hours daily but timings (especially for road access) can change depending on the weather.
How to Reach Castle Geyser
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle
- Bus: Bus service from Bozeman, MT to West Yellowstone, MT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.94% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Castle Geyser in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
59.88% of people start their Castle Geyser visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Castle Geyser
58.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castle Geyser