Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone5581 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3073447381
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, View Point, Hiking Trail, Observatory, Family And Kids, Canyon
The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is a primary geologic feature in the Canyon District. Spread across a vast area, the canyon is approximately 20 miles long. The canyon you see today is not very old. It is around 10,000 to 14,000 years old. However, research has shown that there probably used to be another canyon in this location for a much longer period. There are many hiking trails around the canyon, some lead to the Upper and Lower Falls of Yellowstone while some lead to the Yellowstone River.
Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone Travel Tips
- Wear sturdy shoes and carry drinking water with you.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How to Reach Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.77% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
90.95% of people start their Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone
78.63% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone