Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park
About Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park
Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park - Address, Phone Number
Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 45.4K times in trip plans
Geological Formation, View Point, Hiking Trail, Observatory, Family And Kids, Canyon
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is a primary geologic feature in the Canyon District. Spread across a vast area, the canyon is approximately 20 miles long. The canyon you see today is not very old. It is around 10,000 to 14,000 years old. However, research has shown that there probably used to be another canyon in this location for a much longer period. There are many hiking trails around the canyon, some lead to the Upper and Lower Falls of Yellowstone while some lead to the Yellowstone River.
Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone Information
- Wear sturdy shoes and carry drinking water with you.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How To reach Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone by Public Transport
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grand Canyon Of Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing and beautiful part of creation at Yellowstone with colourful stone cliffs, raging river, and spectacular waterfall. It is worth the stop for photos or viewing, and if time permits, hiking.
Gorgeous. Worth the hike.
Amazing view. Must see!
This place is absolutely amazing!!!
- Nearby Attractions
- Blacktail Plateau Drive
- Two Ribbons Trail
- South Rim Trail
- Pelican Creek Trail
- Green Dragon Spring
- Porcelain Basin
- Snake River
- Lower Geyser Basin
- Steamboat Geyser
- Mount Washburn
- Yellowstone National Park Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- What to See in 48 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- What to See in 72 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 5 Days in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 6 Days in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 7 Days in Yellowstone National Park