Grand Prismatic Spring5228 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Grand Loop Road, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3073447381
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Nature
Full of vivid colours, Grand Prismatic Spring is nature at its best. Located in the Midway Geyser Basin, the spring is the park’s largest hot spring. It measures approximately 370 feet in diameter and is over 121 feet deep. The vivid colours in the spring are the result of pigmented bacteria in the microbial mats that grow around the edges of the mineral-rich water.
Grand Prismatic Spring Travel Tips
- An easy hike is involved. Wear sturdy shoes.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How to Reach Grand Prismatic Spring
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.05% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Grand Prismatic Spring in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.45% of people start their Grand Prismatic Spring visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Grand Prismatic Spring
94.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grand Prismatic Spring
Grand Prismatic Spring Reviews & Ratings
Do we need to. Set up time or by ticket to see grand prismatic springAnswer Report Abuse
The spring is free to visit 24 hours a day between April 20 and Nov. 6 (when roads to the attraction are open). But to access the park, you must buy a seven-day park pass. Additional details can be found on the National Park Service's Old Faithful Area page.Report Abuse