Norris Geyser Basin4316 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3073447381
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Nature, Volcano
The Norris Geyser Basin is the hottest and the most changeable thermal area in Yellowstone. Many hot springs and fumaroles can be found in the basin. Most of them have temperatures above the boiling point! Very volatile, the Norris Geyser Basin is part of one of the world's largest active volcanoes. To add to that, it sits on the intersection of three major faults! Due to its volatile nature, new hot springs and geysers appear at the Norris every year. Nature at its chaotic best, some features in the Norris Geyser Basin can undergo dramatic changes within minutes. For example, clear pools can become muddy and start boiling! A must visit for the more daring soul.
Norris Geyser Basin Travel Tips
- Go on a guided tour of the place.
- It is illegal to collect any natural or cultural objects or to remove, deface, or destroy any plant, animal, or mineral in Yellowstone's hydrothermal areas.
- Don't throw objects into any of the features.
- Carry drinking water with you.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How to Reach Norris Geyser Basin
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.84% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Norris Geyser Basin in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
74.54% of people start their Norris Geyser Basin visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Norris Geyser Basin
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Norris Geyser Basin