Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park
About Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park
Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park - Address, Phone Number
Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 37.1K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Old Faithful Inn is a hotel located within the Yellowstone National Park. It is the most requested lodging facility in the park. Built in the year 1903-1904, the Inn is considered the largest log structure in the world. Open from early May until mid-October, the Old Faithful Inn has 327 rooms, a restaurant, a lounge, a snack bar and a gift shop. It also organizes daily tours.
Old Faithful Inn Information
- If you want to stay here, book a hotel room in advance.
Old Faithful Inn Opening and Closing Hours
Old Faithful Inn:
- Bakery Timings: 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m
- Ice Cream shop: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m
Dining Room timings:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m
- Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
- Lunch/Dinner: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m
How To reach Old Faithful Inn by Public Transport
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Old Faithful Inn, Yellowstone National Park Reviews - Write a Review
My fiance and I visited Yellowstone for a week after Labor day. We went to the Old Faithful area to see the geysers and eat dinner at the Old Faithful Inn. This area of the park is extremely crowded, even late in the season. Hundreds of people assembled to see the geysers erupt. I recommend finding a seat an hour before the erruption. If you want to eat at the Inn, make a reservation days or weeks ahead if possible. We made our reservation day of and we're only able to reserve for 845 pm. You may also arrive at 5pm when the restaurant opens to sign up for a waiting list. We were able to eat at 520 by doing so. You may either order of the menu, for $15-$35 per plate or choose the prime rib buffet. We choose the buffet for $30/each. The food was delicious. The staff was very polite, and the atmosphere was nice. Highly recommend this area and restaurant/inn.
Absolutely beautiful. The architecture is amazing! We had wanted to go there anyways, but our yellow bus tour began here. We got there two hours early and had coffee, hot chocolate, and ice cream in the lobby, went out to watch Old Faithful erupt, and took in the scenery. The rooms looked small and bathrooms might be communal, but the place is absolutely beautiful.
Great place for a base to explore Yellowstone. Rooms are fine and the Inn is iconic. We loved the geysers and you can view Old Faithful from the balcony. The only down side is that they don't staff some restaurants properly and waits for simple things like Ice cream end up being 45 minutes.
We had lunch in the dining room. Prices are high as expected for something inside the park. Service was good. The staff was very attentive. Our server, Trey, was patient and helpful.
Old Faithful Inn is amazing. The architecture is so unique. The 3 sorry open foyer with the giant Stone fireplace just takes your breath away. This is the hotel that inspired Disney's Wilderness Lodge. And to top it off, there is live music playing most of the time (violin or piano). There are several eating options and one outdoor deck that over looks old Faithful geyser.
- Nearby Attractions
- Norris Geyser Basin Museum
- Madison Campground
- Bridge Bay Campground
- De Lacy Park
- Yellowstone - South Entrance
- Canyon Campground
- Tower/roosevelt Service Station
- Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel And Cabins
- Canyon Lodge
- Yellowstone National Park Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- What to See in 48 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- What to See in 72 Hours in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 5 Days in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 6 Days in Yellowstone National Park
- How to Spend 7 Days in Yellowstone National Park