Uncle Tom's Trail Hike3132 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3073447381
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Hiking Trail
Uncle Tom’s Trail takes you from the top of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone to the base of the Lower Falls. A challenging hike, it involves around 328 steps to reach the Lower Falls. Although tackling the 328 steps on the way down seems like a breeze, remember you also have to come back up! Carry plenty of drinking water with you along with some energy bars.
Uncle Tom's Trail Hike Travel Tips
- This trail is not recommended for people with heart, lung or other health conditions.
- Hike is conducted on perforated steel sheeting. Please wear sturdy, comfortable, flat-heeled footwear.
- Watch out for ice in the early morning or in the spring and fall.
- The hiking trail is closed in the winter.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How to Reach Uncle Tom's Trail Hike
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.44% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Uncle Tom's Trail Hike in their plan
12 AM - 01 AM
36.4% of people start their Uncle Tom's Trail Hike visit around 12 AM - 01 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Uncle Tom's Trail Hike
93.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Uncle Tom's Trail Hike
Uncle Tom's Trail Hike Reviews & Ratings
It’s pity that you can’t go to lower fall due to the snow at the top. But we didn’t really see any snow for lower part of trail. Hope the staffs are willing to clean this part of trail so we can have directly access to lower waterfall. At the same time, you still can have view on upper falls.
Paved and great views. Very easy. Beautiful. There was 300 steps but that portion of the trail was closed as of July
This is a killer hike, so many stairs, however the views are intense and wonderful. This is a bucket list hike for sure! Just be prepared for the stairs, there are a lot and it's pretty much straight up and down.
July 2019 - Don't visit hoping to hike Uncle Tom's trail, it is closed. The South Rim Trail is open and beautiful though. We didn't do the North Rim Trail.
Trail was closed apparently. No signs or anything showing direction to trail head. Very diorganized for a national park that has 4 million visitors a year