Yellowstone LakeCurrently Open
- Address: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3073447381
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park
Spread across an area of around 132 square miles, the Yellowstone Lake is the largest waterbody in the Yellowstone National Park. Situated at 7,733 feet above sea level, the lake has 141 miles of beautiful shoreline. It is frozen half the year, from the months of December/January to May/ June. Hike around the lake, rent a motorboat and zoom across it, go kayaking or simply pack some snacks and have a picnic on its bank.
Yellowstone Lake Information
- Swimming in the lake is not recommended. The water is very cold.
- While visiting in the summers, don’t forget to apply sun screen.
- Only entry fees to the Yellowstone National Park apply.
How To reach Yellowstone Lake by Public Transport
- The National Park has no bus or shuttle service. Travelling on your own vehicles or rented ones like RVs, Vans, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles and Mopeds is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Yellowstone National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yellowstone National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Yellowstone Lake
95% of people who visit Yellowstone National Park include Yellowstone Lake in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40.64% of people start their Yellowstone Lake visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Yellowstone Lake
92.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yellowstone Lake
Yellowstone Lake Map
Yellowstone Lake Trips
2 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Yellowstone National Park from BelleBy: Guest User
Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park Reviews
A huge lake with a great view. Last time when I went there it was raining. And right after the rain there were loads of bugs/mosquitoes around the lake. At times it was getting hard to just stand at the edge and enjoy the view. Otherwise it's a nice place to chill while you are on your way to Grand Teton from the north of the park and Lamar Valley.
A Yellowstone hidden gem! Yellowstone lake is an awesome sight inside Yellowstone. It is one of the less traveled spots as well which is a plus at Yellowstone.
My wife and I took our first road trip to Yellowstone 8 years ago. Now I find myself driving back every couple years. My wife a European finds it to be a great place but one aspect she likes about it is the amount of people. Unlike other national parks with very few people visiting. Yellow stone does have a lot of visitors - something many of us dread but others prefer.
Awesome, most beautiful places. Worth the trip. Beyond words can explain it. Have to see it
Bone chilling beautiful blue water, tons of wildlife, geysers erupting at random around the lake, beautiful mineral deposits of intensely vivid and contrasting colors.. Such a beautiful and alive place, it's a must see.
All QuestionsYellowstone lake
- Joe Carr Fields
- Stover's Live Stock
- Trinity United Methodist Chr
- Walnut Run Farm
- Quarries Of The Hummelstown Brownstone Company
- Grace & Truth Bible Church
- Hummelstown Area Historical
- United Church Of Christ
- Dr William Henderson House
- Brookside Farms Airport-59pn
- Stoverdale United Methodist Church
- Davis J Arthur Consulting
- Hummelstown Area Historical Society
- Mountain View Bible Church
- Ziegler's Blue Mountain Game Farm