How to Reach Yogyakarta, Indonesia
The Easiest Way to Reach Yogyakarta
- By Air: The Yogyakarta airport is Adisucipto International Airport and has domestic flights to and from Jakarta, Denpasar, Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi. There are also some international flights to Yogyakarta from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
- By Train: Yogyakarta is connected to Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya and solo via train. There are two train stations serving the trains namely: Stasiun Tugu (Tugu Central Railway Station) and Stasiun Lempuyangan (Lempuyangan Railway Station)
- By Bus: The main Bus station Giwangan has a prompt bus service from Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya.
- By Bus: Medium and small sized buses are available for getting around the city. The Patas or Transjogja buses are air conditioned and have particular stops. Regular buses are cheap but take time as they have multiple stops.
- By Taxi: one of the efficient ways to get around Yogyakarta. The taxis are metered and can be also booked for all day.
- By Car: There are many car rental companies in Yogyakarta and hiring cars with drivers is recommended as self-drive is not safe.
- By Trishaw: This is a traditional 3-wheeled peddle powered cart and easily available throughout Yogyakarta. It is known as Becak in local language and makes Yogyakarta transportation easy and cheap.
- By Motorbike: You can rent a motorbike and a near new semi-automatic (clutch less) motorbike will cost IDR 50,000 per 24 hr; older bikes may come for less, and fully automatic bikes such as a Honda Vario or Yamaha Mio may sometimes cost IDR 5,000-10,000 more.
Are you looking for a Yogyakarta travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Yogyakarta
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Yogyakarta. The most preferred mode of transport in Yogyakarta is Walking.
Average distance: 6.29 km Average time: 34.14 min
Walking 42.86%Walking 53.33 min Motorbike 11.67 min Overall average time for 7.67 kms 65 min
Car 28.57%Driving 9.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 9.5 min
Motorbike 28.57%Motorbike 12.5 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 12.5 min
How to Reach Yogyakarta from Nearby Cities
|Sleman Regency to Yogyakarta||4.5 km||4 mins|
|Sleman to Yogyakarta||4.86 km||4 mins|
|Magelang to Yogyakarta||20.78 km||20 mins|
|Salatiga to Yogyakarta||23.85 km||23 mins|
|Surakarta City to Yogyakarta||50.58 km||50 mins|
- How to reach Sleman Regency
- How to reach Boyolali Sub-district
- How to reach Grogol
- How to reach Salatiga
- How to reach Jogorogo
- How to reach Magetan Regency
- How to reach Kroya
- How to reach Pati
- How to reach Petarukan
- How to reach Jakarta
- How to reach Bintan Island
- How to reach Batam Island
- How to reach Kuta
- How to reach Manado
- How to reach Bandung