How to Reach Yogyakarta
The Easiest Way to Reach Yogyakarta
- By Air: The Yogyakarta airport is Adisucipto International Airport and has domestic flights to and from Jakarta, Denpasar, Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi. There are also some international flights to Yogyakarta from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
- By Train: Yogyakarta is connected to Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya and solo via train. There are two train stations serving the trains namely: Stasiun Tugu (Tugu Central Railway Station) and Stasiun Lempuyangan (Lempuyangan Railway Station)
- By Bus: The main Bus station Giwangan has a prompt bus service from Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya.
- By Bus: Medium and small sized buses are available for getting around the city. The Patas or Transjogja buses are air conditioned and have particular stops. Regular buses are cheap but take time as they have multiple stops.
- By Taxi: one of the efficient ways to get around Yogyakarta. The taxis are metered and can be also booked for all day.
- By Car: There are many car rental companies in Yogyakarta and hiring cars with drivers is recommended as self-drive is not safe.
- By Trishaw: This is a traditional 3-wheeled peddle powered cart and easily available throughout Yogyakarta. It is known as Becak in local language and makes Yogyakarta transportation easy and cheap.
- By Motorbike: You can rent a motorbike and a near new semi-automatic (clutch less) motorbike will cost IDR 50,000 per 24 hr; older bikes may come for less, and fully automatic bikes such as a Honda Vario or Yamaha Mio may sometimes cost IDR 5,000-10,000 more.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Yogyakarta and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Yogyakarta
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Yogyakarta. The most preferred mode of transport in Yogyakarta is Walking.
Average distance: 7 km Average time: 38.17 min
Walking 50%Walking 53.33 min Motorbike 11.67 min Overall average time for 7.67 kms 65 min
Motorbike 16.67%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 7 kms 15 min
Car 33.33%Driving 9.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 9.5 min
- How to reach Cities Near Yogyakarta
- How to reach Banguntapan
- How to reach Bojonegoro Regency
- How to reach Semin
- How to reach Balerejo
- How to reach Girirejo
- How to reach Blora Regency
- How to reach Gang Jamban Lor
- How to reach Manggung
- How to reach Ciputat
- How to reach Sidoarjo Regency
- How to reach Jepara Regency
- How to reach Bumijawa
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Rio Claro
- How to reach Sumé
- How to reach Cachoeira Do Sul
- How to reach Brasher Falls
- How to reach Weleetka
- How to reach Long Jetty
- How to reach Greenway Road
- How to reach Houston
- How to reach Zaleski
- How to reach Zsámbék