How to Reach Yogyakarta
How to reach Yogyakarta
- By Air: The Yogyakarta airport is Adisucipto International Airport and has domestic flights to and from Jakarta, Denpasar, Sumatra, Kalimantan and Sulawesi. There are also some international flights to Yogyakarta from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
- By Train: Yogyakarta is connected to Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya and solo via train. There are two train stations serving the trains namely: Stasiun Tugu (Tugu Central Railway Station) and Stasiun Lempuyangan (Lempuyangan Railway Station)
- By Bus: The main Bus station Giwangan has a prompt bus service from Jakarta, Bandung and Surabaya.
- By Bus: Medium and small sized buses are available for getting around the city. The Patas or Transjogja buses are air conditioned and have particular stops. Regular buses are cheap but take time as they have multiple stops.
- By Taxi: one of the efficient ways to get around Yogyakarta. The taxis are metered and can be also booked for all day.
- By Car: There are many car rental companies in Yogyakarta and hiring cars with drivers is recommended as self-drive is not safe.
- By Trishaw: This is a traditional 3-wheeled peddle powered cart and easily available throughout Yogyakarta. It is known as Becak in local language and makes Yogyakarta transportation easy and cheap.
- By Motorbike: You can rent a motorbike and a near new semi-automatic (clutch less) motorbike will cost IDR 50,000 per 24 hr; older bikes may come for less, and fully automatic bikes such as a Honda Vario or Yamaha Mio may sometimes cost IDR 5,000-10,000 more.
Modes of Transportation in Yogyakarta
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Yogyakarta. The most preferred mode of transport in Yogyakarta is Walking.
Average distance: 7.4 km Average time: 35.8 min
Walking 40%Walking 60 min Motorbike 12.5 min Overall average time for 9 kms 72.5 min
Motorbike 20%Motorbike 15 min Overall average time for 7 kms 15 min
Car 40%Driving 9.5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 9.5 min