Plaosan TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Jl. Candi Plaosan, Kec. Prambanan, Kab. Klaten, Jawa Tengah 57454, Indonesia, Yogyakarta
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Statue, Family And Kids
Located about a kilometre away from the Prambanan temple complex, the Plaosan temple is spread over an area of 2000 square meters at an elevation of 148 metres above sea level. Surrounded by verdant paddy fields of banana and corn, the Dengok River provides ample water to the vegetation adding to the allure of the sight.
It was built in mid-9th century by Sri Kahulunnan or Pramodhawardhani; the complex is an ensemble of Plaosan Lor and Plaosan Kidul bifurcated by a road.
- 174 small buildings (116 stupas and 58 shrines)
- Dwarpala- the giant guardian in front of the temple
- Mandapa- open area
- Bronze statue of Bodhisattva
- Wall inscriptions and carvings
Plaosan Temple Travel Tips
- Combine your visit to this attraction with Prambanan temple, it is located around 2.5 kilometres away.
Entrance Ticket Details For Plaosan Temple
- Free entry.
How to Reach Plaosan Temple
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yogyakarta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yogyakarta and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.01% of people who visit Yogyakarta include Plaosan Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
75.72% of people start their Plaosan Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Plaosan Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plaosan Temple