Are you looking for what to do in Yogyakarta?
PLACES TO SEE
- Hiking to the Merapi Volcano- one of the most interesting things to do in Yogyakarta.
- Water Castle- A alluring royal home surrounded by artificial lake and a must-visit on the Yogyakarta trip planner.
- Ramayana Ballet Purawisata- a Javanese music and dance performance based on Hindu epic Ramayana. A must do activity in Yogyakarta and every visitor should have it on their Yogyakarta itinerary.
- Kota Gede- an ancient neighbourhood
- Tugu Monument- an important tourist attraction in Yogyakarta and a local favourite!
- Imogiri- royal graveyard for Islamic rulers
- Affandi Museum- a former home and art gallery of great painter and artist Affandi.
- Indonesian Air force Museum
- Plaosan Temple
- Jomblang Cave
- Cinema 21
- Gua Pindul
- Taman Pintar Science Park
- Tembi Rumah Budaya
- Pantai Sundak
- Sonobudoyo Museum
- Gembira Loka Zoo
- Sumur Gumuling
- Sewu temple
Below we have a list of things to do in Yogyakarta and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Yogyakarta getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Yogyakarta with confidence.