Shinyokohama Raumen Museum
About Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, Yokohama
The Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum (新横浜ラーメン博物館 Shin-Yokohama Rāmen Hakubutsukan) is a food amusement park located in the Shin-Yokohama district of Kōhoku-ku, Yokohama, Japan. The museum is devoted to the Japanese ramen noodle soup and features a large recreation of Tokyo in the year 1958, the year instant noodles were invented. Within the museum are branches of famous ramen restaurants from Kyushu to Hokkaido. The list includes Ide Shoten, Shinasobaya, Keyaki, Ryushanhai, Hachiya, Fukuchan, and Komurasaki. In 2013, the museum added American restaurant Ikemen Hollywood to the museum's restaurants, and have since decided to close the branch in June 2014. Along with restaurants, there is an old-style bar called 35 Knots, where visitors can smoke, and a few other places to buy traditional snacks and food. On the ground floor level, there is a souvenir shop selling ramen bowls, cooking utilities and customisable instant-ramen packages. The museum opened on March 6, 1994.Wikipedia
Overview of Shinyokohama Raumen Museum
As you traverse the city of Yokohama, you'll stumble upon Shinyokohama Raumen Museum. Don't expect lot of visitors to Shinyokohama Raumen Museum since it is not a popular tourist spot in Yokohama.
More about Yokohama
Try the best Yokohama trip planner to visit this Shinyokohama Raumen Museum as well as many others.
Share your experience - Rate Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, Yokohama
Great idea. But hard to get to- too small and tooo crowded. Wanted try all places but the wait really kills the mood. Great decor and concept tho. They got me with the cover charge
The museum is small but interesting. Lines for ramen are really long. I think it's worth seeing if you're nearby, but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it.
Damned fine museum. Ramen everywhere! The area is built to look like 1950s. A must visit! Go either first thing when it opens or late, a couple hours before it closes.
For only about 350 yen a person, the recreation of the old back alley Ramen restaurants is well worth it. Filled with many different ramen restaurants you can actually sit down and eat at, this is museum that offers history and nature experience.
The ramen was out of this world and the information provided in the exhibits was very thorough! Plus they offer a sticker for each ramen shop you attend, great incentive. Lack of a five star is only because of the lines!
- Other Attractions
- Arambol Beach
- Keri Beach
- Paliem Lake
- Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre
- Rice Bowl
- Surf Wala
- Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Church
- Paliem Beach
- Arambol Mountain
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Arambol Beach
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Keri Beach
- Cheap Hotels Near Paji's
- 5 Star Hotels Near Paliem Lake
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre
- Hotels Near Rice Bowl
- Budget Hotels Near Surf Wala
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Church
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Paliem Beach
- Cheap Hotels Near Arambol Mountain
- City Tripplans
- version 4- 9 Day Trip to Hiroshima, Kobe, Fukuoka-shi, Nara, Kumamoto, Koya, Yakushima from Osaka
- 16 Day Trip to Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo-shi, Yokohama from Brisbane City
- 3 Day Trip to Yokohama from Tokyo
- 15 Day Trip to Tokyo, Hiroshima, Osaka, Hakone, Yokohama, Fuji from Brisbane City
- 12 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Yokohama from Ellsworth
- 5 Day Trip to Yokohama from Lincoln
- 4 Day Trip to Tokyo from Perth
- 26 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kawasaki, Kamakura, Ito, Atami, Yokohama, Shibukawa from Kuala Lumpur
- 17 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Yokohama from Singapore
- 20 Day Trip to Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Hakone, Yokohama from San Jose