Events and Festivals in York
Events and Festivals in York
There is always something special going on in this town – after all, you can’t expect any lesser from England’s ‘City of Festivals’.
- Viking Festival: dress like a Viking, fight like a Viking. Inspired by an actual Viking festival.
- Festival of Ideas is hosted in the spirit of the rich heritage of York. Hundreds of events, free of charge are hosted in the middle of June and features international speakers, performers and exhibitions.
- York Carnival: is organized by the students of University of York. It fosters a sense of community creating a very welcoming ambience. There are several music and dance performances, workshops, parades and of course gorgeous food.
- Medieval Festival: Take guided tours to some of the best medieval monuments in the city. Enjoy brilliant re-enactments and try your hands at falconry and archery.
- Festival of Food and Drink: sample some traditional Yorkshire food and wash it down with the some exquisite drinks from around the world. The festival runs for 10 days.
- York Beer & Cider Festival: York’s very own Oktoberfest offers you over 200 variety of local and foreign beer. Lip smacking food, good live music and ample seating space. York Festival of Traditional Dance: a non-competitive event featuring traditional dance forms.
- A Yorkshire Celebration: A charitable musical event hosted at the York Minster and features famous performers from around the world. Illuminating York: Lights, sounds and visual effects breathe life into York’s finest attractions.
- Yorkshire Marathon: This is the country’s biggest marathon. York offers runners extremely flat and fast courses.
- St Nicholas Fair: explore local produce, gifts, art work, crafts at these special markets. Treat yourself to some mulled wine at the medieval markets and sing along with the carol singers. A superb time to be in York.
- York Early Music Christmas Festival: Wonderful celebration of Early Music, very high quality performances and a great way to learn more about the city of York.
Trip plans for York
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
York Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of York
Duration: 2 Hrs
What better place to get your chocolate fix than the home of chocolate? York is home to several chocolate shops like Nestle, ...
USD 31.79Book Now
13 Reviews Duration: 8 Hrs
Explore the breathtaking Yorkshire Dales on this small-group day trip from York. Relax in the comfort of an air-conditioned m...
USD 42.3Book Now
6 Reviews Duration: 12 Hrs
Enjoy the highlights of the Lake District on this small-group day tour from York, including a cruise on the largest lake in E...
USD 98.91Book Now
1 Reviews Duration: 8 Hrs 30 Mins
Take a day out from York on your own private guided North York Moors and Whitby Day Trip for up to 15 passengers, visiting th...
USD 416.84Book Now
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Events & Festivals In Bournemouth
- Events & Festivals In Portsmouth
- Events & Festivals In Reading
- Events & Festivals In Cardiff
- Events & Festivals In Whitby
- Events & Festivals In Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Events & Festivals In Dunvegan
- Events & Festivals In Oxford
- Events & Festivals In Sheffield
- Events & Festivals In Birmingham
- Cities Near York
- Events & Festivals In London
- Events & Festivals In Edinburgh
- Events & Festivals In Manchester
- Events & Festivals In Bath
- Events & Festivals In Liverpool
- Events & Festivals In St Andrews
- Events & Festivals In Bristol
- Events & Festivals In Plymouth
- Events & Festivals In Leeds
- Events & Festivals In Southampton