Events and Festivals in York, United Kingdom
Events and Festivals in York
There is always something special going on in this town – after all, you can’t expect any lesser from England’s ‘City of Festivals’.
- Viking Festival: dress like a Viking, fight like a Viking. Inspired by an actual Viking festival.
- Festival of Ideas is hosted in the spirit of the rich heritage of York. Hundreds of events, free of charge are hosted in the middle of June and features international speakers, performers and exhibitions.
- York Carnival: is organized by the students of University of York. It fosters a sense of community creating a very welcoming ambience. There are several music and dance performances, workshops, parades and of course gorgeous food.
- Medieval Festival: Take guided tours to some of the best medieval monuments in the city. Enjoy brilliant re-enactments and try your hands at falconry and archery.
- Festival of Food and Drink: sample some traditional Yorkshire food and wash it down with the some exquisite drinks from around the world. The festival runs for 10 days.
- York Beer & Cider Festival: York’s very own Oktoberfest offers you over 200 variety of local and foreign beer. Lip smacking food, good live music and ample seating space. York Festival of Traditional Dance: a non-competitive event featuring traditional dance forms.
- A Yorkshire Celebration: A charitable musical event hosted at the York Minster and features famous performers from around the world. Illuminating York: Lights, sounds and visual effects breathe life into York’s finest attractions.
- Yorkshire Marathon: This is the country’s biggest marathon. York offers runners extremely flat and fast courses.
- St Nicholas Fair: explore local produce, gifts, art work, crafts at these special markets. Treat yourself to some mulled wine at the medieval markets and sing along with the carol singers. A superb time to be in York.
- York Early Music Christmas Festival: Wonderful celebration of Early Music, very high quality performances and a great way to learn more about the city of York.
Trip plans for York
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
York Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of York
Private Viking Walk of York New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Take an exclusive, personalized 2-hour walking tour of Viking York. Part history, part legend, all enthralling... meeting you...Book Now
70-minute York Evening River Cruise New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 10 Mins
Step aboard, relax and enjoy a romantic end to your evening in York. Sailing at 9:15pm, the Floodlit Evening Cruise offers an...Book Now
Lunch Cruise New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 45 Mins
Enjoy a delightful 1 hour and 45 minute cruise with a delicious 2 course, buffet-style lunch freshly cooked and served on boa...Book Now
York Afternoon Tea Cruise New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 45 Mins
Join us for a delightful 1 hour and 45 minute cruise with a selection of dainty home-made sandwiches, fruit scone with preser...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Leeds
- Events & Festivals in Manchester
- Events & Festivals in Liverpool
- Events & Festivals in Chester
- Events & Festivals in Northampton
- Events & Festivals in Llandudno
- Events & Festivals in London
- Events & Festivals in Edinburgh
- Events & Festivals in Bath
- Events & Festivals in St Andrews
- Events & Festivals in Bristol
- Events & Festivals in Plymouth
- Events & Festivals in Sutton Coldfield
- Events & Festivals in Swadlincote
- Events & Festivals in London Borough Of Richmond Upon Thames
- Events & Festivals in Paris
- Events & Festivals in Prague
- Events & Festivals in Rome
- Events & Festivals in Rio De Janeiro
- Events & Festivals in Miami
- Events & Festivals in Barcelona