Treasures HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Minster Yard, York YO1 7JL, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1904624247
- Ticket Price: 7 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Family And Kids, Games
Treasures House - Review
The Treasure’s House was home to the Treasurers of York Minster till the 16th century after which it came to be owned privately. Today it is maintained by the National Trust and offers insight into thousands of years of history from its foundation to the roof.
- As you move around the house, do take a moment to gaze into the Verre Eglomise ornate mirror that is being restored to its former grandeur.
- When in the Treasurer’s House, dress like the Treasurer! Play dress up with the choicest set of clothes and accessories
- Don’t restrict yourself to the fine dining rooms and bedrooms at the Treasurer’s House. They run daily tours to the attic and cellar. Locals believe the cellar to be the abode of ghosts of Roman soldier.
- Complete your visit with a nice lunch at the tea room.
The locals have claimed to have seen apparitions at the House on many occasions. In fact, TV series ‘Ghosthunters’ has also shot an episode here. Special ghost tours are also available, if you dare.
Treasures House Information
- Wheelchair access on the premises.
- Disabled restrooms available.
Treasures House Ticket Prices
- Prices: Special prices for families.
- Child ticket price: £ 3.50.
- You may explore the garden area without charge.
Treasures House Hours
- Visit the Treasurer’s House website for more details.
How To reach Treasures House by Public Transport
- Bus: Lord Mayor’s Walk – 19. Monk Bar – 12, 13, 13A, 16A, 19, 90, 180, 181
Restaurants Near Treasures House
- Little Italy
- Bengal Brasserie
- Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
- Liberty Bar
- Goji Vegetarian Cafe and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in York before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in York and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Treasures House
24.85% of people who visit York include Treasures House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.02% of people start their Treasures House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Treasures House
67.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Treasures House
Treasures House Trips
Treasures House, York Reviews
Wonderful staff, gorgeous gardens and plenty to see. What better way to spend 2 hours? Staff were only to happy to answer questions about the furniture and other exquisite items. A must see. Thoroughly recommend
Wonderful gardens and an interesting house to spend a couple of hours exploring. As it acknowledges some parts are slightly mixed in their styles but it gives an insight into the rather eccentric original owner. The volunteers also gave a good overview of how the house came into being.
Very interesting property more of a story of one man's vision than a historical record but facsinating all the same. His reasons behind his actions are explained in the little video tucked away on the way to the cafe. Came away with thoughts of what could be done if we bought the houses either sides of us in our terrace. 😊 Lots of volunteers to ask questions of too. Nice cafe in the basement.
Enjoyed our time here and added the extra two tours, one to the cellar and one to the attic rooms. Guide was entertaining and informative as were the others who were in each area around the house.
Very interesting, largely because of the eccentric owner who created a very strange building. Each room has been done in a different style to illustrate the styles used in England over the centuries. Some truly remarkable antiques. I very much liked the fact that the museum volunteer in each room provided a lot of interesting facts about the room and its contents. Made the visit very memorable.