York Maze is made up of over a million maize plants and happens to be the largest maze in United Kingdom. Isn’t that just amazing?
York Maze opens for the summer and has a good variety of fun attractions. The main Maize maze is a large maize field that is planted each year and artistically designed into unique crop patterns. Just after Halloween, the crop is harvested and used as animal fodder.
The York Maze offers a day full of fun-filled activities.
- The Maize Maze – follow clues and solve puzzles as you navigate through this humungous maize field created as a maze.
- The Maze of Illusions – your quintessential hall of mirrors only far more environment friendly. The Maze of Illusions contains a number of illusions, pictures and puzzles to engage visitors
- The Finger Fortune Maze – Walk around this small maze to search for finger painting stations. Once you have managed to get all 5 fingers coloured get to the decoding board to find out the meaning of it all.
- Apart from the Mazes, they have a ton of activities for children – an obstacle course made of corn cobs, inflatable jumping pillow and slide, climbing areas and a pyramid of bale.
- Children and adults can pit against one another in the Water Wars.
- You can help the good for nothing scarecrow in keeping the crows away from the maize crop.
- Pig Racing – Pick a pig and place your bets. Don’t forget to cheer for your boar.
This is a delightful place for the kids who can play a variety of water games, take up painting challenges or try their hands at mini maize golf, biking games and of course, farming. They hold special events and competitions for Halloween from 25th October to 1st November.
York Maze Travel Tips
- York Maze may close during heavy rains.
- You will be spending your day at a farm, wear comfortable footwear.
- Pushchair and wheelchairs can be taken onto the maze pathways. A few areas of the York Maze do not have disabled access.
- Pets on a leash are allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For York Maze
- Tickets are available at discounted prices for senior citizens, children and groups.
- Discounts on all ticket prices available online.
- Children under 3 years of age go free.
- Disabled visitors are not charged tickets.
- Season passes also available.
York Maze Hours
- The Maize Maze itself takes around 1.5-2 hours to navigate through.
How to Reach York Maze
- Bus: York Maze – 18A, 195, 196, X36
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in York before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in York and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.67% of people who visit York include York Maze in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.5% of people start their York Maze visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see York Maze
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting York Maze