Yorkshire Lavender248 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Terrington, York YO60 6PB, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +440-1653648008
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, View Point, Family And Kids
You cannot ignore the colour purple and you cannot ignore the Yorkshire Lavender. The owner of Yorkshire Lavender was inspired to purchase the 60 acre farmland shortly after the death of his wife from cancer. He and his very young children found the garden to be an exciting new project in tribute to Lynne – wife and mother.
This heavenly lavender farm is situated on a hillside and happens to be an award winning attraction.
- The farmland has a variety of stunning gardens such as Wibbly Wobbly Way, The Lynne Goodwill Memorial Garden, Deer Park and Sculpture Park. They also have a Lavender Maze.
- There is a large snakes and ladders on the premises that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike
- This Lavender paradise has the flower in shades of white, blue, pink, and a range of purples. You will be giddy with the sweet and intoxicating scent of lavender in the air.
- They grow a range of other flowers at the Yorkshire Lavender. The owners cultivate and sell a variety of grasses, wildflowers, alpines, herbs and of course, lavender.
- Pay a visit to the Tea Room to bask in the ambience of the restaurant that offers delightful food and drinks. Look out to the scenic Yorkshire skyline as you enjoy you cream teas and coffees with a side of lavender scones, muffins and cheesecakes.
- The garden gift shop stocks an exquisite collection of Lavender products – souvenirs, books, and lavender based biscuits, honey, preserves and beer!
There is no escaping the lure of lavender.
Yorkshire Lavender Travel Tips
- Wheelchair access on premises
- Disabled friendly washrooms are available.
- Pets are not allowed at Yorkshire Lavender.
Entrance Ticket Details For Yorkshire Lavender
- Entry is Free.
- The Yorkshire Lavender accepts donations.
Yorkshire Lavender Hours
- Tea Room closes at 04:30 pm.
How to Reach Yorkshire Lavender
- Bus: Terrington, Lavender Farm (E-bound) – 180.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in York before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in York and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.54% of people who visit York include Yorkshire Lavender in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
80.95% of people start their Yorkshire Lavender visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Yorkshire Lavender
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yorkshire Lavender