How to Reach Yosemite National Park - The Easiest Way to Reach Yosemite National Park
Since there are no landing strips at the Park, you’ll have to land at one of the towns and either hire a car or avail of a shuttle service.
- By Shuttle: The Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System offers shuttle services from the towns of Merced, Mariposa, El Portal, Lee Vining and Mammoth Lakes.
- By Rail: Amtrak too has a train service to Yosemite from San Joaquins and Merced.
- By Car: You could always hire a car and drive to Yosemite National Park, using any of its four entrances; the park is connected to four State Routes. These routes however, are winding and quite mountainous, so let the road have your full attention.
- By Shuttle: The Park offers shuttle buses that are either free or charge a nominal fee and run to all the attractions. The Park has more than one shuttle service, so check with the stops before you board the bus.
- By Car: Driving around the Park in a rented car is one of the best ways to get around. It can get crowded though during the summer, so be prepared for some traffic.
- By Cycle: Yosemite National Park has designated bicycle paths for all those of you who would like to cycle your way through the Park. Bikes can be rented on a daily basis.
- On Foot: Walking trails are in place and are quite effective too when it comes to seeing the Park; the Park is most accessible through a network of walking trails.
Are you looking for a Yosemite National Park travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
All QuestionsYosemite national park
How to Reach Yosemite National Park from Nearby Cities
|Fish camp to Yosemite National Park||24.01 km||24 mins|
|Oakhurst to Yosemite National Park||31.96 km||31 mins|
|Yosemite lakes to Yosemite National Park||45.3 km||45 mins|
|June lake to Yosemite National Park||51.64 km||51 mins|
|Mariposa to Yosemite National Park||51.98 km||51 mins|
|Mammoth lakes to Yosemite National Park||64.02 km||1 hour 4 mins|
|Fresno to Yosemite National Park||66.79 km||1 hour 6 mins|
|Coulterville to Yosemite National Park||73.81 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|South lake tahoe to Yosemite National Park||76.77 km||1 hour 16 mins|
- How to reach Fresno
- How to reach Reno
- How to reach Sacramento
- How to reach San Jose
- How to reach Oakland
- How to reach Santa Cruz
- How to reach Napa
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Death Valley National Park
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach Seattle