Maksimir Park And Zagreb ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: Bukovacka, Zagreb, Croatia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Wildlife Park, Zoo, Walking Area, Leisure, Picnic Spot
Named after the man you conceived the park, this place is an excellent family day retreat with meadows, creeks, lakes and woods. It is THE place to relax, and a pretty one: it was landscaped extensively in Baroque, Romantic and Neo-classical styles. Picnic, walk, jog or whatever just chill at the park. Though the park itself has plenty of animals the real deal is the zoo at the southern end of the park. The zoo’s small size allows for better management of the animals who in genera seem happy. The animals include meerkats, tapis, otters, sea lions, gray seals, lemurs and two humped camels!
- Visiting between 11:00 am and 04:00 pm ought to cover most of the feeding times, but it’s a good idea to ask the zoo staff anyway.
- Do not feed the animals.
- Do not aggravate the animals.
- Do not climb over protective fences or ditches.
- Dogs, bicycles and roller-skates are forbidden at the zoo.
- Taking photographs for personal use is allowed. For all other uses, you will need to obtain permission from the zoo management.
- Children younger than 10 year must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Kids (7–14) : HRK 20
- Free for kids under 7
- Tram #7 from the Central Bus Station.
- Trams #11 and #12 from the main square.
- Tram #4 from the railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zagreb before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zagreb and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.41% of people who visit Zagreb include Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.02% of people start their Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo
93.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maksimir Park And Zagreb Zoo
One of most beautiful parks in Zagreb, huge to walk around with over 5 lakes, forest paths, river side paths, bridges, it has everything ones spirit wants. If you are just visiting Zagreb you should take one day to walk around Maksimir. You can visit the Zagreb Zoo there, even without Zoo you will see lots of different animals, from birds to turtle's and many more.. Hope you enjoy Maksimir as I do.
Really great park, especially in Autumn when the trees are changing colors. Nice mix of walking trails through dense trees, manicured lawns, and along several lakes. Glad we took time to spend the day there.
Beautiful park to spend the day. You have lots of benches along the pathways to seat or all the green grass to pick the best spot It also has a restaurant by the entrance that also sells soft drinks and ice cream You can make nice shots and have a relaxing day walking around or feeding the ducks and turtles in the lake
Really nice park. Lots of people running and enjoying the park. It's a must if you want to enjoy the nature in the big Zagreb without leaving the center. We went for a stroll and ended up in a 2h hike.
Great place for walking or running. Many walking tracks, can spend hours without repeating the same path. Highly recommend.