St. Marks Church2039 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Trg Svetog Marka 5, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture
Deceptively understated to look at, this church actually houses some prominent treasures. Chief among these are the south portal by the Parler family of sculptors from Prague a brilliant gothic portal of 15 effigies in eleven niches. Approaching the roof from the square, you’ll see the coat of arms of the Triune Kingdom and for Zagreb city itself. The latter one is also engraved into the northwest wall the oldest coat of arms in the city, dating from 1499. The square right in front of the church is where the Croatian presidents are inaugurated.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zagreb before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zagreb and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St. Marks Church Address: Trg Svetog Marka 5, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
- St. Marks Church Timing: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit St. Marks Church(preferred time): 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit St. Marks Church: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
69.88% of people who visit Zagreb include St. Marks Church in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.55% of people start their St. Marks Church visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Marks Church
68.05% of people prefer walking in order to reach St. Marks Church
People normally club together Dolac Farmer Market and Croatian Museum Of Naive Art while planning their visit to St. Marks Church.