Zagreb Cathedral1837 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kaptol 31, Zagreb, Croatia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +3851-4814727
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture , Cathedral
This building simply imoses its presence on all those who stand before it – as it well should; it’s the tallest building in the country. The original cathedral here was built in 1093 but it was destroyed a litte of 200 years later by the Tatars. It was built up again only to be destroyed by the 1880 Zreb earthquaker one which damaged a military defensive watch-tower beyond repair. Gothic to begin with, it’s repairs progressed in Neo-Gothic style. It’s impressive (if still under renovation) spires reach 106 metres into the sky.
- The entrance portal
- Sarcophagus of blessed AlojzijeStepinac
- The Mary Column
- The Neo-gothic tower
- The spectacular stained glass
- The Baroque marble altar
- The 6068 pipes organ
Zagreb Cathedral Travel Tips
- Also known as the Cathedral of the Assumption.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zagreb before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zagreb and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Zagreb Cathedral Address: Kaptol 31, Zagreb, Croatia
- Zagreb Cathedral Contact Number: +3851-4814727
- Zagreb Cathedral Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Zagreb Cathedral(preferred time): 11:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Zagreb Cathedral: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
62.95% of people who visit Zagreb include Zagreb Cathedral in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.28% of people start their Zagreb Cathedral visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Zagreb Cathedral
63.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zagreb Cathedral
People normally club together Mirogoj Cemetery and Zagreb Eye while planning their visit to Zagreb Cathedral.