How to Reach Zakopane
- By air: The nearest Polish airport is the Krakow-Balice airport, around 100 kilometres away from Zakopane. Fliers can take a train or bus to get to Zakopane from Krakow.
- By rail: Five trains connect Krakow to Zakopane daily. The total time taken to get from one city to other is around 4 hours. Overnight trains to Warsaw and Wroclaw are available too.
- By road: Various company buses ply from Krakow to Zakopane. A bus can take around 3 hours to cover the distance between the two cities. A direct bus to Zakopane is also available from Budapest. Road number 47 takes drivers to Zakopane. Traffic is plentiful on the roads of Poland.
- By foot: You can cross over from Slovakia via the Lysa Polana border.
- By Bus: PKS buses can take you anywhere in town.
- By Minibus: These have fixed rates and routes. They can be hired in advance if your destination falls on their route.
- Taxis are available for travelling anywhere in Zakopane.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Zakopane. The most preferred mode of transport in Zakopane is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 15 km Average time: 38 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 28 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 15 kms 38 min