Dhow Countries Music Academy, ZanzibarCurrently Open
- Address: Mizingani Road, Opp. Mizingani Seafront Hotel, Zanzibar Town, Tanzania
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +255-777416529
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
About Dhow Countries Music Academy, Zanzibar
Learn more about the music of Zanzibar in the Dhow Countries Music Academy in Stone Town. Here you will find a variety of courses and performances centred on the local music traditions and instruments. The DCMA also grooms its students on live performances of their art. Visitors can attend the fusion and jam sessions on Tuesday and Friday evenings. On the first and third Friday of every month, teachers and students showcase their talents in a free concert. Tourists can also meet the in-house musicians on their visits and view lessons from the balcony above the classes.
Dhow Countries Music Academy Information
- Even though the academy is open to visitors, keep in mind that lessons are still taking place. Avoid creating any disturbances.
- Concerts for tourists are free of any charges.
- Additional contact No: +255 (0) 24 223 4050, +255 (0) 777 399 366
How To reach Dhow Countries Music Academy by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or cab to reach here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dhow Countries Music Academy, Zanzibar Reviews
Probably the most beautiful music school in the world, filled with passionate people.
The best in Oriental music