Kendwa Beach, ZanzibarCurrently Open
- Address: Kendwa, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids
About Kendwa Beach, Zanzibar
Just a few kilometres away from Nugwi is the village of Kendwa. The tiny village has a lot to be explored and celebrated than its northern cousin. You can take a guided tour of the village, proceeds of which go to NGOs working for the community. You can snorkel in the crystal-clear waters near the beach. During low tides, you can walk along the beach strip connecting Kendwa and Nungwi. Kendwa Rocks hosts Full Moon Parties that last throughout the night of the full moon. Tourists are welcome to attend these parties.
Kendwa Beach Information
- Kendwa Rocks offers free Wi-Fi.
- The southern part of the beach is relatively peaceful and undisturbed. Do visit if you want some quiet time.
- If you are attending the full moon party, load cash on a card at the entrance and insist on a receipt of the transaction.
How To reach Kendwa Beach by Public Transport
- You can hire a taxi or dala-dala to reach Kendwa.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.