Marahubi Palace32 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Zanzibar Town, Tanzania Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Maharubi Palace is another creation of the royal family when they were in residence in Zanzibar. It was constructed for Sultan Barghash to accommodate his vast harem. At its peak, around 100 women from the royal harem had been stationed in this palace. It was reportedly built with coral stone and wood and was one of the most beautiful buildings in Zanzibar. In a stroke of bad luck in 1899, major portions of the palace were destroyed in a fire. Today you would see the huge pillars which supported the castle and the marvellous gardens surrounding the former structure. The Persian bath house has also survived the test of time. If you head north from the pillar, you will see a set of steps and arches. This area was used for receiving the Sultan and his chosen guests into the palace. Despite the ruins, the palace is worth a visit.
Marahubi Palace Travel Tips
- You can come here for an idyllic picnic with your family.
- You can also catch the local fishing activity near the ruins.
How to Reach Marahubi Palace
- Hire a taxi or car to get here. Dala-dalas on route B will also drop you here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Marahubi Palace Address: Zanzibar Town, Tanzania
- Marahubi Palace Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Marahubi Palace(preferred time): 09:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Time required to visit Marahubi Palace: 02:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.13% of people who visit Zanzibar include Marahubi Palace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Marahubi Palace visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Marahubi Palace
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marahubi Palace
People normally club together Mtoni Palace Ruins and Zanzibar Land Animal Park while planning their visit to Marahubi Palace.