Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar
About Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar
Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar - Address
Address: Nugwi, Zanzibar
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 196 times in trip plans
Beach, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated on the northern tip of Zanzibar island, Nungwi is a calm and peaceful seaside village with its own beach. One of the reasons why it is calm is also because most of the tourists visiting here can be found underwater. Nungwi is a major scuba-diving and snorkelling centre in Zanzibar. Enthusiasts recommend the night dives offered by many diving centers. These dives give you a chance to see many exotic underwater creatures. If underwater is not your thing, you can visit the Mnarani Aquarium near the lighthouse. It is a natural pond near the sea and rears tiny turtles till they are strong enough to be released in the sea. You should also catch the sight of fishing boats leaving the beach at sunset to go deep seas fishing. Another leisurely activity on the beach is the 2-hour sunset cruise to Kendwa. If you hire the whole dhow, it becomes a private cruise and you can stop wherever you feel is picturesque.
Nungwi Beach Information
- There is an entrance fee of 10 USD for the Mnarani Aquarium.
- You are likely to be harassed by locals for trying out their scuba-diving or snorkelling activities. Ignore them if you are not interested.
- Take care of your belongings when on the beach.
How To reach Nungwi Beach by Public Transport
- You can hire a car or ride the dala-dala to get here.
- Hiring a taxi is another means of reaching here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar Reviews - Write a Review
A true wanderlust paradise. The finest of white sand, different colors of the sea, and plenty to do in Nungwi Beach. Just be ready for an onslaught of merchants and tour guides trying to sell their products or services. Firmly tell them "No thank you" and keep walking if you don't want to be stalled. Otherwise, enjoy this coastal heaven.
Paradise beach. Fine sands, wide front, palm trees, clean water..
White silky sand beach, simply stunning.
Nice beach .. Crystal clear water. U Love to swime
- Nearby Attractions
- Scuba Do Zanzibar
- Hamamni Persian Baths
- Kiwengwa Caves
- Stone Town, Zanzibar
- Mbweni Ruins
- Zanzibar Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zanzibar
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zanzibar
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zanzibar
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zanzibar
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zanzibar
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zanzibar