Nungwi Beach162 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nugwi, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids
Situated on the northern tip of Zanzibar island, Nungwi is a calm and peaceful seaside village with its own beach. One of the reasons why it is calm is also because most of the tourists visiting here can be found underwater. Nungwi is a major scuba-diving and snorkelling centre in Zanzibar. Enthusiasts recommend the night dives offered by many diving centers. These dives give you a chance to see many exotic underwater creatures. If underwater is not your thing, you can visit the Mnarani Aquarium near the lighthouse. It is a natural pond near the sea and rears tiny turtles till they are strong enough to be released in the sea. You should also catch the sight of fishing boats leaving the beach at sunset to go deep seas fishing. Another leisurely activity on the beach is the 2-hour sunset cruise to Kendwa. If you hire the whole dhow, it becomes a private cruise and you can stop wherever you feel is picturesque.
Nungwi Beach Travel Tips
- There is an entrance fee of 10 USD for the Mnarani Aquarium.
- You are likely to be harassed by locals for trying out their scuba-diving or snorkelling activities. Ignore them if you are not interested.
- Take care of your belongings when on the beach.
How to Reach Nungwi Beach
- You can hire a car or ride the dala-dala to get here.
- Hiring a taxi is another means of reaching here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.62% of people who visit Zanzibar include Nungwi Beach in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
65.33% of people start their Nungwi Beach visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Nungwi Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nungwi Beach