Tazari CavesCurrently Open
- Address: Nugwi village, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Phone: +255-653912475
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids
Tazari caves are the largest limestone caves in Zanzibar. They are located right off the coast in Nugwi and offer magnificent views of the sea from some caves. Although they were discovered quite recently, archaeologists say that the caves have existed for billions of years. Evidence points out that they were used as hiding places for slaves. Some evidences also suggest that people lived in the caves long before they were used by the merchants. These artefacts make up a natural museum of primitive civilisation in Zanzibar. The stretch of beach near these caves are good spots for picnics.
Tazari Caves Travel Tips
- The caves play host to lots of bats. Be careful when using flash.
- Wear sturdy clothes, gloves and kneepads, helmets when going into the cave.
- Travel in groups.
- Follow the instructor diligently.
- Look out for snakes and insects.
- Additional contact No: +255 784117488, +255 779078406, +255 653912475
How to Reach Tazari Caves
- You can hire a car to reach here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zanzibar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zanzibar and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.07% of people who visit Zanzibar include Tazari Caves in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
51.35% of people start their Tazari Caves visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tazari Caves
92.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tazari Caves