How to Reach Zell Am See
- By Air : Salzburg Airport (known as “W.A. Mozart”) is easy to reach for people who wish to visit Zell am See-Kaprun. Salzburg Airport is roughly 80km away and it is approximately 200km away from Munich Airport. A shuttle, taxi, small plane or train will take you straight to Zell am See-Kaprun.
- By train : The Zell am See train station is located in the centre of the city.
- By car : Zell am See-Kaprun is well connected to the local traffic network. Travelling by car can be the best experience as the journey would be a combination of driving with the breathtaking Alpine panorama. Zell am See-Kaprun is a 2.5h drive away from Munich, and a 1.5h drive away from Salzburg.
- By Public transport : Within the city, the train stations are easy to find on any city map. The postbus is a convenient bus system that travels around the town, and it can connect you to neighbouring cities and attractions. The main bus stop is located right across the street from the main train station.
- By Cruise : This is one of the best ways to enjoy the beauty of Zeller See Lake sitting on one of the town’s comfortable ships. Prices vary but are affordable, especially when purchased as a combination with a ski lift ticket or cable car ride up the Schmittenhohe Mountain.
- On Foot : You can explore all the nooks and crannies of the town simply by strolling the paved path that stretches around the entire Zell am See Lake.