Krimml WaterfallsCurrently Closed
- Address: 5743 Krimml, Austria, Zell Am See
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-65647212
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Theme Park, Waterfall, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Hike up to the tallest waterfalls in Salzburg: the Krimml waterfalls set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Hohe Tauern National Park and the little village of Krimml. The waterfall is 380 meters high as the mountain waters of the Krimmler Ache, a glacial creek, plunge over three tiers to the valley below.
Reaching up to the waterfalls is a long journey but as you walk for about 30 minutes from the southern end of the village, you shall come across the path to the first view point, the Lower Falls. From here, the Riemannkanzel and the third view point are only about 5 minutes apart. As you climb further, you shall see the Krimmler Ache, which is the source of the waterfall.
At the entrance to the Krimml Waterfalls, there is a new theme park, Water Wonder World, where you can enjoy a new theme park, the Aqua Park and the Multivision show.
- The path to Krimml Waterfall is in excellent condition but you should still wear sneakers or hiking boots.
- Explore the surrounding Hohe Tauern National Park.
- The road is mountainous and very windy.
- If you are going in summers, expect a lot of crowd.
- € .50 for children.
- The ticket prices are meant only if you wish to hike up to watch the waterfalls from near. You can even choose to see the waterfalls from a distance.
- buses from Postplatz, Zell Am See (2 hours)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
75.48% of people who visit Zell Am See include Krimml Waterfalls in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
92.26% of people start their Krimml Waterfalls visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Krimml Waterfalls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Krimml Waterfalls
Unforgettable views. Feel the power of falling water! Worth to climb to the restaurant uphill and visit all viewpoints (balconies) on the way.
Plenty of parking available, cafe next to car park. a brisk 10min walk to bottom of water falls. cafe also nearby, more challenging walks available.
In the end of the Ziller Valley the great waterfall is a gem. Take your time and enjoy.
Great fun with the family. We all enjoyed it even some of us didn’t make the complete walk to the top. Looking forward to the next visit.
It can be very crowded but still enough space to enjoy the falls. The way to get there is also quite easy. You have to pay 4€ to get to the falls!