Schmittenhohe Mountain, Zell Am See
About Schmittenhohe Mountain, Zell Am See
Schmittenhohe Mountain, Zell Am See - Address
Address: Kitzbuhel Alps, Zell am See, Austria
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Mountain, View Point, Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
With its height of 2,000m, Schmittenhohe serves as the local mountain of Zell am See and is considered to be one of those points through which you can have the most beautiful panoramic view of Austria. The mountain offers an ultimate experience for those people who want to indulge into skiing. Every year, from November to mid-April, the mountain receives a number of tourists. During the summers, you can also register for a hiking Eldorado. If you do not wish to indulge into winter sports or hiking, you can still enjoy the beautiful views which surround this mountain. Apart from skiing and hiking, there a number of activities which you can find here :
- Hang gliding and paragliding.
- There is a hiking trail named “Schmidolins Feuertaufe” which consists of 11 adventure stations, such as the dragon slide and the fire bridge.
- “Discgolf”, which is a combination of golf and Frisbee, guarantees thrills and bags of fun for the entire family.
- You can also find numerous mountain restaurants which offer Austrian delicacies.
Schmittenhohe Mountain Ticket Prices
- Lift Tickets : From € 23.00 to € 47.00
How To reach Schmittenhohe Mountain by Public Transport
- Buses from Zell am See postplatz to Schmittenhohe (30 minutes).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schmittenhohe Mountain, Zell Am See Reviews - Write a Review
Love this ski lift, good free car parking and well connected to ski busses and lokalbahn; the ski run down is perfect although challenging in the spring. From 2017 the major capacity/speed increase (see photos), long queues will be a thing of the past. the general facilities in the Talsatation have been upgraded too.
Love this place one of the best resorts we've been to. Wide open slopes with loads of trails through the trees
Really enjoyed our stay here. The pistes are not massively varied, 3 to 4 days and you've done it all several times in Zell. It was quite busy all the time, but we were here in peak season. There was always a Q for the lifts and chairs, but not usually massive. The main schmittenhohe bahn houses 2 lifts, the trass express and the main schmittenhohe cable car. The trass is more frequent and quicker to get you close to the top. Area lift pass was €240 for an adult, so you can go visit Kaprun or the glacier on the free bus. Lots of ski schools, so stick to the reds on the right hand side to avoid them.
Friendly staff. Fantastic views
Good ski slopes, beautiful view from the top of the mountain.
- Nearby Attractions
- Elisabeth Park
- Zell Am See
- Alpenparks 4* Hotel & Apartment Central
- Gasthof Schütthof
- Hotel Tirolerhof Zell Am See
- Haus Ditzer - "villa Theresia"
- Slb Pinzgauer Lokalbahn
- Zell Am See Airport
- Hotel Der Waldhof
- Alpenhof Grafleiten
- Zell Am See Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zell Am See
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zell Am See
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zell Am See