St. Hippolytes ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: Stadtplatz A, 5700 Zell am See, Austria
- Phone: +43-654272478
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Saint Hippolyte Church in Zell am See houses some of the oldest known remnants of Pinzgau region. Built in the Romanesque style, the church displays the historicity of Zell am See. Some of the main highlights of the church are:
- The three naves : Before 1794, the central nave was crowned with a Gothic vault, however, in the same year it was replaced with another vault, which in turn was replaced by a flat wooden roof in 1898.
- Its bridge parapet that was built in 1514 and is richly decorated. This bridge rests upon four carved columns of precious marble. As you look from nearby you shall find a Gothic canopy with figures and St. Florian St. Hippolyte, originating in 1520, between the arches.
- The church’s tower is the central attraction of Zell am See. It has a height of 36 meters. The exterior walls are solid and are of limestone.
- The church also holds baroque furniture along with some ornaments.
St. Hippolytes Church Hours
- Wednesday : 8:00 am, Friday : 7:00 pm, Sundays and Holidays : 10:30 am
- Please enquire before your visit.
How to Reach St. Hippolytes Church
- Nearest train station : Zell am See train station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.71% of people who visit Zell Am See include St. Hippolytes Church in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.23% of people start their St. Hippolytes Church visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Hippolytes Church
91.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Hippolytes Church