The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail - A Quick Overview
Address: Rainerstrabe 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
One of the ways to reach the pristine surroundings of Hohe Tauern National Park is through the Großglockner High Alpine Road. However, more than the destination, it is the journey towards it that constitutes an attraction itself. The Grossglockner road leads to the highest mountain in Austria: the Großglockner (3.798 m). You can enjoy the enchanting views surrounding the road through
- Hiking : the road is considered to be the hiker’s paradise
- Motorcycle : 48 kms of absolute fun along with beautiful views.
- Coach Tourism Services : If you wish to sit and enjoy the scenic mountains, resort to bus coaches.
- Vintage cars : You can get these cars on rent
Apart from the scenic gazes, you can also enjoy many other activities while you are on your way to the highest summit.
- Art Exhibition Alpenliebe
- Alpine Nature show museum
- The building of the road exhibition
- Exhibitions: Grossglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg- The origin of Pasterze
- The Golden Eagle in the eastern Alps
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Information
- You can hike only during the summers.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Ticket Prices
- Toll price for the road : €35.50(for private car)
- € 24.50 for Motorcycle
- €5.30 for bus
How To reach The Grossglockner Hiking Trail by Public Transport
- Buses from Zell Am See
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See Reviews
Had a great time driving this beautiful overpass on our way to Venice. Really good apple strudel and a nice view. Worth taking a break and soaking it up at the top.
If you are in Austria, take a drive on the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, to its top where the restaurant roof blew off while we were having lunch. A stormy day, but awesomely beautiful no less. Do not forget to visit Edelweissspitze on the way.
Came her without any preparation. Can't get to the top without gear :( overall, got close to the top and it was a full filling experience. Would go again
Nice journey back in time.
Spectacular views and wonderful scenery from the beginning of the mountains to the highest point .. Be careful of fog..
Find places near The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
Walter Hartweger GmbH Großglockner Nr. 810.073 km away
- Attractions near The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
- Scheicher Boote (scheicher Barbara)