The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
About The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rainerstrabe 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the ways to reach the pristine surroundings of Hohe Tauern National Park is through the Großglockner High Alpine Road. However, more than the destination, it is the journey towards it that constitutes an attraction itself. The Grossglockner road leads to the highest mountain in Austria: the Großglockner (3.798 m). You can enjoy the enchanting views surrounding the road through
- Hiking : the road is considered to be the hiker’s paradise
- Motorcycle : 48 kms of absolute fun along with beautiful views.
- Coach Tourism Services : If you wish to sit and enjoy the scenic mountains, resort to bus coaches.
- Vintage cars : You can get these cars on rent
Apart from the scenic gazes, you can also enjoy many other activities while you are on your way to the highest summit.
- Art Exhibition Alpenliebe
- Alpine Nature show museum
- The building of the road exhibition
- Exhibitions: Grossglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg- The origin of Pasterze
- The Golden Eagle in the eastern Alps
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Information
- You can hike only during the summers.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Ticket Prices
- Toll price for the road : €35.50(for private car)
- € 24.50 for Motorcycle
- €5.30 for bus
How To reach The Grossglockner Hiking Trail by Public Transport
- Buses from Zell Am See
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See Reviews - Write a Review
One of the best mountain views in Europe. Great drive, pretty steep toll, clean, pleasant environment. Please note: depending on the weather visibility could be exactly zero.
So beautiful! Path along the mountain was partially closed due to a glacier sliding down, but absolutely breath taking! I couldn't believe my eyes. Make sure you bring a coat and hat!
Very beautiful, awesome landscape that is not yet overwhelmed by too many tourists..
Exhilarating drive. Fantastic views.
The highest peak in Austria is great to visit on a day with good visibility. Even then it can be sitting in the clouds!
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Tirolerhof Zell Am See
- Gasthof Schütthof
- Alpenparks 4* Hotel & Apartment Central
- Landhotel Martha *** Hotel Garni
- Zell Am See
- Ali Baba Cafe & Restaurant
- Zell Am See Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zell Am See
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zell Am See
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zell Am See
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zell Am See