The Grossglockner Hiking TrailCurrently Closed
- Address: Rainerstrabe 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria, Zell Am See
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-6628736730
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
About The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
One of the ways to reach the pristine surroundings of Hohe Tauern National Park is through the Großglockner High Alpine Road. However, more than the destination, it is the journey towards it that constitutes an attraction itself. The Grossglockner road leads to the highest mountain in Austria: the Großglockner (3.798 m). You can enjoy the enchanting views surrounding the road through
- Hiking : the road is considered to be the hiker’s paradise
- Motorcycle : 48 kms of absolute fun along with beautiful views.
- Coach Tourism Services : If you wish to sit and enjoy the scenic mountains, resort to bus coaches.
- Vintage cars : You can get these cars on rent
Apart from the scenic gazes, you can also enjoy many other activities while you are on your way to the highest summit.
- Art Exhibition Alpenliebe
- Alpine Nature show museum
- The building of the road exhibition
- Exhibitions: Grossglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg- The origin of Pasterze
- The Golden Eagle in the eastern Alps
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Information
- You can hike only during the summers.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Ticket Prices
- Toll price for the road : €35.50(for private car)
- € 24.50 for Motorcycle
- €5.30 for bus
How To reach The Grossglockner Hiking Trail by Public Transport
- Buses from Zell Am See
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
95% of people who visit Zell Am See include The Grossglockner Hiking Trail in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
34.52% of people start their The Grossglockner Hiking Trail visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Map
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Trips
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See Reviews
Beautiful route and beautiful views. One thing that incredibly pissed me off and took away the freedom is the guides that get in even in places where it is narrow and with strong exposure. It's possible that the Austrians do, because I have never seen such behavior anywhere else.
Lovely mountain road lots of hair pin bends and the views are spectacular well worth visting
Had a great time driving this beautiful overpass on our way to Venice. Really good apple strudel and a nice view. Worth taking a break and soaking it up at the top.
Fantastic for road bike clymbing. Beautiful view from the top.
If you are in Austria, take a drive on the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, to its top where the restaurant roof blew off while we were having lunch. A stormy day, but awesomely beautiful no less. Do not forget to visit Edelweissspitze on the way.
All QuestionsThe grossglockner hiking trail
Find places near The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
Walter Hartweger GmbH Großglockner Nr. 810.073 km away
- Bayview/Linda Brooks-Burton Branch Library
- SFstandup Open Mike
- Loyal Dog Walking
- Alphonse Berber Projects
- Burning Opera
- The Patio At Chernery Chateau
- The 415's
- Persona Grata Productions
- The Pandora Experiment
- Julius Kahn Playground
- Toomey Tourell Fine Arts
- Wylie Wong Asian Art & Antiques
- Holloway Jan 20th Century American Art
- Phoenix Theater Annex
- Encore Theatre Company