The Grossglockner Hiking TrailCurrently Open [Closes at 09:30 pm]
- Address: Rainerstrabe 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria, Zell Am See
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-6628736730
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail - Review
One of the ways to reach the pristine surroundings of Hohe Tauern National Park is through the Großglockner High Alpine Road. However, more than the destination, it is the journey towards it that constitutes an attraction itself. The Grossglockner road leads to the highest mountain in Austria: the Großglockner (3.798 m). You can enjoy the enchanting views surrounding the road through
- Hiking : the road is considered to be the hiker’s paradise
- Motorcycle : 48 kms of absolute fun along with beautiful views.
- Coach Tourism Services : If you wish to sit and enjoy the scenic mountains, resort to bus coaches.
- Vintage cars : You can get these cars on rent
Apart from the scenic gazes, you can also enjoy many other activities while you are on your way to the highest summit.
- Art Exhibition Alpenliebe
- Alpine Nature show museum
- The building of the road exhibition
- Exhibitions: Grossglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg- The origin of Pasterze
- The Golden Eagle in the eastern Alps
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Information
- You can hike only during the summers.
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Ticket Prices
- Toll price for the road : €35.50(for private car)
- € 24.50 for Motorcycle
- €5.30 for bus
How To reach The Grossglockner Hiking Trail by Public Transport
- Buses from Zell Am See
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
95% of people who visit Zell Am See include The Grossglockner Hiking Trail in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
33.92% of people start their The Grossglockner Hiking Trail visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Map
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Trips
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Garmisch-partenkirchen, Interlaken, Zell Am See, Munich from ViennaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Garmisch-partenkirchen, Interlaken, Zell Am See, Munich
1 View19 Days 18 Nights19 Day Trip to Vienna, Salzburg, Kaprun, Interlaken from RiyadhBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Vienna, Salzburg, Kaprun, Interlaken
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See Reviews
Absolutely breathtaking! The roads really are petrol head heaven an the views are second to none! If your in Austria or Germany then it's a must do experience
When i saw the view it was breathtaking the sky walk is a little bit scary for me but i liked the snow allot it was so deep
Climbed with my wife. We had great condition and everything was awesome.
Beautiful route and beautiful views. One thing that incredibly pissed me off and took away the freedom is the guides that get in even in places where it is narrow and with strong exposure. It's possible that the Austrians do, because I have never seen such behavior anywhere else.
Had a great time driving this beautiful overpass on our way to Venice. Really good apple strudel and a nice view. Worth taking a break and soaking it up at the top.
All QuestionsThe grossglockner hiking trail
- Pelican's Nest Marina
- Ocean Breeze Park Spec House
- Beacon Light Yacht Sales
- John's Marine
- Hutchinson Island At Jensen Beach, Fla
- Tonya Sidebottom Custom Sewing
- C C Key Art Studio
- Hung Up Studios
- Academy Of The Cueing Arts
- Sea Hawk Marine
- Jensen Beach Bowl
- Waveland Beach
- V S Jensen Beach
- Art And Framing Outlet
- Seamaid Boat Lettering
Find places near The Grossglockner Hiking Trail, Zell Am See
Walter Hartweger GmbH Großglockner Nr. 810.073 km away