One of the ways to reach the pristine surroundings of Hohe Tauern National Park is through the Großglockner High Alpine Road. However, more than the destination, it is the journey towards it that constitutes an attraction itself. The Grossglockner road leads to the highest mountain in Austria: the Großglockner (3.798 m). You can enjoy the enchanting views surrounding the road through
- Hiking : the road is considered to be the hiker’s paradise
- Motorcycle : 48 kms of absolute fun along with beautiful views.
- Coach Tourism Services : If you wish to sit and enjoy the scenic mountains, resort to bus coaches.
- Vintage cars : You can get these cars on rent
Apart from the scenic gazes, you can also enjoy many other activities while you are on your way to the highest summit.
- Art Exhibition Alpenliebe
- Alpine Nature show museum
- The building of the road exhibition
- Exhibitions: Grossglockner
- Gamsgrubenweg- The origin of Pasterze
- The Golden Eagle in the eastern Alps
The Grossglockner Hiking Trail Travel Tips
- You can hike only during the summers.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
- Toll price for the road : €35.50(for private car)
- € 24.50 for Motorcycle
- €5.30 for bus
How to Reach The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
- Buses from Zell Am See
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zell Am See before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zell Am See and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.48% of people who visit Zell Am See include The Grossglockner Hiking Trail in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
56.15% of people start their The Grossglockner Hiking Trail visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see The Grossglockner Hiking Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Grossglockner Hiking Trail