Are you looking for what to do in Zell Am See?
PLACES TO SEE
- St. Hippolyte's Church : Featuring prominently in the skyline of Zell am See, St. Hippolyte’s church houses the archaic building remnants of Pinzgau region. Built during the medieval period, the church displays Romanesque and Baroque architecture.
- Heritage Museum- Vogtturm : The museum is located on 4 floors in "Vogt" tower in the centre of Zell am See. Visiting this museum can be one of the best ways to know the local heritage and culture of Zell am See.
- Castle Rosenberg : The castle belongs to 16th century and once served as an elegant residence of the free state of Salzburg. Built in southern Bavarian style, the castle today houses the Rathaus (town hall) and a gallery.
- Zell Am See Lake : Surrounded by beautiful Austrian mountains on three sides, Zell am See Lake looks stunning with a picture perfect beauty. This freshwater lake is known for its safe drinking water.
THINGS TO DO
- Grossglockner High Alpine Route : This is a popular Austrian tourist route which is composed of two branches. The first one leads to the summit of the Edelweibspitz and the second to the Franz-Josephs-Hohe terrace, from where you can have a view of the highest peak in the Austrian Alps, the Grossglockner, and the Pasterze glacier at its foot.
- Skiing : Skiing is one of the most famous activities in Zell Am See. You can ski in Schmittenhohe (Schmittenhoehe) ski area which has 46 miles (77 kms) of groomed slopes in open snowfields at the top and trails through the trees on lower sections.
- Water Sports in Zell Lake : Zeller Lake is a perfect place for swimming and paddling. You shall encounter great opportunities for kayaking, diving, fishing and water skiing.
Below we have a list of things to do in Zell Am See and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Zell Am See getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Zell Am See with confidence.