How to Reach Zermatt - The Easiest Way to Reach Zermatt
- By Air: There are no flights to Zermatt; you would have to land at a major city within the country and then switch to a train or a bus.
- By Train: Trains are the best mode of transportation to get to Zermatt. Running on the hour to Visp and Brig; you can board a train to Visp from Geneva, Zurich or Basel. The train passes through Visp, where you can get off.
- By Car: If you’re looking to drive down to Zermatt, you can drive as far as Täsch, where you’ll have to park your vehicle in a public parking space and take a bus to Zermatt.
- By Bus: There are buses that run every day from the Matterhorn Terminal (Täsch) to Visp.
- By Bus:The buses of Zermatt are electric or solar powered vehicles that run from one end of the town to another as well as some ski stations.
- By Train:The only train that runs in Zermatt is one that runs to the top of Mt. Gornergrat.
- By Car:No cars are allowed within the confines of the city. Zermatt is a car-free city.
- By Taxi:If you’re booked with a top-end hotel, you’ll have the hotel send someone to pick you up from the station.
Are you looking for a Zermatt travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Zermatt
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Zermatt. The most preferred mode of transport in Zermatt is Car.
Average distance: 3 km Average time: 5 min
Car 100%Driving 5 min Overall average time for 3 kms 5 min
How to Reach Zermatt from Nearby Cities
|Täsch to Zermatt||5.99 km||5 mins|
|Saas-grund to Zermatt||23.67 km||23 mins|
|Unterbäch to Zermatt||29.61 km||29 mins|
|Visp to Zermatt||33.59 km||33 mins|
|Glis to Zermatt||40.82 km||40 mins|
|Crans-montana to Zermatt||43.65 km||43 mins|
|Wilderswil to Zermatt||72.3 km||1 hour 12 mins|
|Grindelwald to Zermatt||73.51 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|Interlaken to Zermatt||74.6 km||1 hour 14 mins|
|Bern to Zermatt||92.28 km||1 hour 32 mins|