Monte Rosa185 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Rock Climbing
Monte Rosa, also known as Doufourspitze, is the highest mountain in Switzerland and is known for its challenging terrains, perfect for mountain climbing and hiking. A curious place for geologists and explorers including iconic figures like Leonardo da Vinci and botanist Horace-Benedict de Saussure, Monte Rosa has carved a new place for itself on the world map. If you love hiking and are an experienced mountaineer, then the mountain is sure to give you the time of your life.
The view from the top can beat some of the best places on the planet. Not for the faint hearted, if you are a novice, join a mountaineering club to explore Monte Rosa.
Monte Rosa Travel Tips
- For climbing, visit the place from March to July.
- Preferred route is from Monte Rosa Hut or from Capanna Margherita.
- Crampons are preferred if you visit the mountain from July to September.
- Carry your own climbing and mountaineering gear. If you are travelling light, look for shops that rent mountaineering gear in the city.
How to Reach Monte Rosa
- Rent a Car or hire a Taxi to reach the base of the mountain.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zermatt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zermatt and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Monte Rosa Address: 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
- Monte Rosa Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Monte Rosa(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Monte Rosa: 06:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.49% of people who visit Zermatt include Monte Rosa in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
26.47% of people start their Monte Rosa visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Monte Rosa
85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monte Rosa
People normally club together Mountaineers Cemetery and Gorner Glacier while planning their visit to Monte Rosa.
People also prefer to end their day with Monte Rosa.