The Matterhorn Museum776 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kirchplatz, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland Map
- Timings: 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-279674100
- Ticket Price: 10 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition
If you’re in Zermatt for a short while and are on a mission to see as much as Zermatt as you can in a short span, the Matterhorn Museum should be your first stop. In the most basic sense, the museum traces the development of Zermatt from a tiny Alpine village to the ski resort destination it is today!
The museum also features the perils of all those who tried to scale the Matterhorn, losing their life in the bargain. In fact, one of the exhibits that is frequently viewed is a piece of snapped rope from the first ever attempt to scale the mountain, back in 1865. Other highlights you should not miss out on include the multimedia room where excerpts of a film are shown, a stone axe from the Neolithic Age and the remains of a mercenary from the 16th century. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Zermatt Itinerary 3 Days.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Matterhorn Museum
- Tickets for children: CHF 5.
- Children below 9 years of age: Free Entry.
How to Reach The Matterhorn Museum
- Zermatt, BrückezumSteg (bus station).
- Elsie's Bar
- Restaurant Whymper-Stube
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zermatt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zermatt and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Matterhorn Museum Address: Kirchplatz, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
- The Matterhorn Museum Contact Number: +41-279674100
- The Matterhorn Museum Timing: 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- The Matterhorn Museum Price: 10 CHF
- Best time to visit The Matterhorn Museum(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Matterhorn Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.66% of people who visit Zermatt include The Matterhorn Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
48.19% of people start their The Matterhorn Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Matterhorn Museum
51.25% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Matterhorn Museum
People normally club together Unterrothorn and Paperla Pub while planning their visit to The Matterhorn Museum.