How to Reach Zhangjiajie
- By Air: The Zhangjiajie Hehua airport is located in the Yongdong district and is just 4 kilometres away from the city centre. There are regular flights from major Chinese cities like Shanghai, Beijing, X’an, Guilin and Chengdu. The airport is well-connected to all the important destinations and a shuttle bus from the airport takes you to the city centre.
- By Bus: There are direct buses from Shanghai, Fenghuang, Changsha and connected buses from major cities in China.
- By Train: There are two direct trains from Shanghai and bullet trains from Guilin, Changsha, Fenghuang and Huaihua.
- Getting around Zhangjiajie mainly includes visiting the scenic areas. There are tourist shuttle buses connected to the Wulingyuan scenic area, the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. These tourist buses also provide inter-area transport for the tourists and are free.
- Although during peak season getting a seat in these buses gets super tedious and it is recommended to book a private tour bus for the same. You can also hire a private car and a guide to get around.
- There are cable cars, elevators and electric trains at particular spots in the different scenic areas. People also prefer hiking in the mountains.