Are you looking for what to do in Zhangjiajie?
PLACES TO SEE
- Wulingyuan Scenic Area : One of the top 40 scenic spots in China, the Wulingyuan scenic area lies to the north of Zhangjiajie city and is a UNESCO world heritage spot; boasting an array of over 560 attractions, strangely-shaped peaks, the absurd stones, the hidden valleys, the wonderful waters and the limestone caves form the 'Five Wonders' of Wulingyuan.
- Zhangjiajie Scenic Spot : A National Forest Park with attractions like The park is endowed with many attraction spots, such as the Yellow Stone Stronghold (Huangshizhai), Yaozizhai, Yuanjiajie and the Golden Whip Stream.
- Phoenix Ancient Town (Fenghuang) : Situated on the western boundary of Hunan province, the Phoenix ancient city is dotted with beautiful mountains covered with green forests, bridges over the waters and houses built in Chinese architecture.
- Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve : Located in the northern part of the Wulingyuan scenic area, this is one of the prime scenic spots in china and is spread over 67 square kilometres of area. The Tianzi Mountains gained immense popularity due to their depiction in the sci-fi movie Avatar. The highest peak is 4140 feet above the sea level and offer stunning views of the beautiful array of mountains.
- Tianmen Mountain : At an elevation of 1518.6 metres, the Tianmen Mountains comprise of 40 peaks with a height more than 1000 metres. Being at an extreme height, the day is longer at the Tianmen Mountain hence it is also known as endless sky without darkness.
- Bailong Elevator : Also known as Hundred Dragon Elevator, it was opened to public in 2002. This mega structure is world’s tallest glass elevator and offers breathtaking view of the beautiful valley of Zhangjiajie.
THINGS TO DO
- Apart from admiring the natural beauty of the marvelous scenic area within the place, there are a bunch of other activities like: Horse-back riding, hiking, walking trails, boating, rafting and bird watching that can be explored.
- Taste the locally made wine of the Tujia community.
- Catch the Fox Fairy Show at the Charming Zhangjiajie Theatre.
Below we have a list of things to do in Zhangjiajie and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Zhangjiajie getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Zhangjiajie with confidence.