Tianmen Mountain, ZhangjiajieCurrently Open
- Address: Tianmen Mountain Yongding, Zhangjiajie China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +86-5037687047
- Ticket Price: 258 CNY
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Mountain, View Point, Tourist Center, Peak, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Tianmen Mountain, Zhangjiajie
At an elevation of 1518.6 metres, the Tianmen Mountains comprise of 40 peaks with a height more than 1000 metres. Being at an extreme height, the day is longer at the Tianmen Mountain hence it is also known as endless sky without darkness.
Popular for its natural miracle- the Tianmen Cave which was the by-product of a collapsing cliff in ancient times, the beauty of the area enchants visitors. You need to climb 999 steps in order to access the cave and at an elevation of 1260 metres, the fog and clouds make a magical picture.
You can reach the mountain by boarding the Tianmen Mountain cableway which is the longest mountain cableway in the world with a hypotenuse length of 7455 meters.
Heaven-linking Avenue and the Bonsai Garden (Hanging Garden) are must-visits in the Tianmen Mountain area. The turning water and the moving of the heaven’s cave are tow scenes worth experiencing on the visit and locals have many tales surrounding these spectacular happenings.
Attractions: Tianmenshan National Forest Park, Tianmenshan Temple, the Tianmen Academy, Transparent Viewing Deck made of Classes, The Ghost Valley Plank Road, Yuhu Peak.
Tianmen Mountain Information
- The tour requires a lot of walking, including 6 kilometers of easy walking along the cliff walkway and 999 steep steps.
- Guided tour is recommended.
- Carry your lunch and water.
Tianmen Mountain Ticket Prices
- March–November : 258 CNY
- December–February : 225 CNY
- Children under 1.2 meters free of charge.
- Children 1.2–1.5 meters: Half price
- Students with student ID: 158 CNY
- Seniors (60+) : 158 CNY (passport needed as evidence)
- The ticket price includes including the round-way cable cars, entrance fee for the Tianmen Cave and peak areas, together with the environmental protection car ticket.
Tianmen Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- The mountain takes around an entire day to explore.
How To reach Tianmen Mountain by Public Transport
- Bus line 5 and then cable car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhangjiajie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhangjiajie and book an accommodation of your choice.