Yellow Dragon CaveCurrently Closed
- Address: Zhangqing Main Road, Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie 427400, China
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-7445618489
- Ticket Price: 80 CNY
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, View Point, Tourist Center, Picnic Spot
Known as Huang Long Dong in local language, this is one of the largest caverns in China and is known as the wonder of world’s caves. With peculiar formations, underground streams and large caverns make it unique and the longest one discovered is 15 kilometres long covering an enormous area of 48 hectares.
There dry and water-filled caves, stalactites, stalagmites, stone blossoms, stone curtains, stone branches, stone canals, stone pearls, and stone macrospores, forming an incredible natural scene. There is one reservoir, two rivers, three ponds, four stone falls, thirteen halls, ninety eight corridors, dozens of hills, thousands of white jade ponds and ten thousand stalagmites inside the Yellow Dragon Cave. The special multi-colour illumination makes it prettier.
Attractions and must-sees include
- Gathering Hall (Dragon Dance Hall)
- Rattle River
- Fairy Palace and Fairy Water
- Dragon’s Palace
- Paradise Pillar Street
- Legend about Yellow Dragon Cave
- There are more than 100 attractions, including Mythical Needles Stabilizing the Sea, Snow Pine, King’s Throne, Lift-off of Rocket, Mountain of Flowers and Fruits (Hua Guo Shan), Fairy Waterfalls, Sea-Change.
Activities like Boating and rafting are available
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Guided tour is available
- Prices are subjected to change
- Tourist bus ( no 1) to Yellow Dragon cavern and on foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhangjiajie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhangjiajie and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.46% of people who visit Zhangjiajie include Yellow Dragon Cave in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
80.95% of people start their Yellow Dragon Cave visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Yellow Dragon Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yellow Dragon Cave