Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Zhangjiajie
About Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Zhangjiajie
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Zhangjiajie - Address, Phone Number
Address: Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City, Hunan, China, 427400
Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4K times in trip plans
National Park, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The first national forest park of china spread over 50 square miles in nothing short of a heaven’s treat. Originally a state-run tree farm, the Zhangjiajie forest park is blessed with subtropical climate. This means it is warm in winters and cool in summers making it an ideal place to plan a picnic or short vacation.
It is one of the several national parks within the Wulingyuan scenic area and itself has five scenic areas- Huangshizhai, Golden Whip Stream, Yaozizhai, Yuanjiajie, and Yangjiajie. With 6 travel routes, 468 sightseeing spots, diverse flora and fauna civet cats, giant salamanders, satyr tragopans, dove trees, maidenhair trees, Chinese yews, and Chinese tulip trees, this is a gem of Zhangjiajie city.
The park also houses a museum displaying the culture of the ethnic group in the area.
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Information
- Accommodation is available
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Ticket Prices
- The ticket price is included in the Wulingyuan scenic area entry fee which also includes Yellow Stone Stronghold, Golden Whip Stream and Yaozi Village in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park and Yangjiajie, Yuanjiajie, Tianzi Mountain, Ten-mile Gallery in Suoxiyu Valley Scenic Spot and battery car which is around 300 CNY
- The ticket is valid for three days.
- The ticket prices of various attractions inside the forest park are variable
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The timings of various attractions inside the forest park are variable.
- Please enquire before your visit.
How To reach Zhangjiajie National Forest Park by Public Transport
- Tourist bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhangjiajie before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhangjiajie and book an accommodation of your choice.
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Zhangjiajie Reviews - Write a Review
I joined a packaged tour and visited the Park in October, 2014. Only when i was there did I realize that sets of the 2009 Hollywood fantasy film "Avatar" were shot there. Incidentally, I also got the inspiration to write a Hollywood-style screenplay with Chinese characteristics - a heart-warming story about the left-behind children living n the mountains!
Amazing place, recommend to spend 2~3 days in this area.
This national park can be divided into 4 main locations 1. Tianzi Mountain, 2.Yuanjiajie, 3.Yangjiajie, 4.Golden Whip Stream. You can decide on how to go to these locations based on the days you plan to stay in the park. For example if you plan to travel for trekking there are many different routes for trekking to go to these locations and can cover the whole area in 4 days. But if you plan to travel like us then you have to take assistance of bus, elevator, cable car and your legs. As per my experience I am suggesting you that don’t ever go to see the park in 1 day, at least have 2 days. There are 3 ways by which you can climb to the top of the mountain 1. By trekking, 2.By Cable car and 3.By Bailong Elevator. Most of the local tourists prefer to climb the mountain by the elevator however to enjoy the real beauty of the place you must go by foot. Su has shown us the most easily to trek path in the map and we got down from the bus at the Golden Whip Stream and started walking towards the Yuanjiajie tourist area. There is another pathway to reach the same location through Tianzi Mountain but that will need us to climb 8000 steps or else we should have taken the cable car There are hostels inside the National Park and can be utilized if you plan to stay inside the park, also you can stay outside the park in the Wulingyuan village and visit the park on a daily basis.
Amazing place with lots of natural scenery & human artifacts
Amazing area. Just try getaway from the tours. Head to the red areas on the map for the best views.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ji Chang Lu
- Zhangjiajie Mini Inn
- Jinjiang Inn Hunan Zhangjiajie
- Best Western Grand Hotel Zhangjiajie
- Tujia Customs Park
- Suoxiyu Nature Reserve
- Xiuhuashan Museum
- Zhangjiajie Puguang Temple
- Wulingyuan Scenic And Historic Interest Area Of Zhangjiajie
- Zhangjiajie Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zhangjiajie
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zhangjiajie
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zhangjiajie