Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou
About Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou - Address
Address: 230 Erqi Rd, Erqi, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 623 times in trip plans
Walking Area, Monument, Square, Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
More of a reminder than a monument of the power of people, The Er’qi tower in Zhengzhou is an important part of the modern history of china. In 1923 when the railway workers union went on a strike for their rights the Chinese warlords at the time tried to suppress them in any way they could. One of the warlords Wu Peifu even killed the some workers and imprisoned others but this only aggravated the issue. More than 20,000 railway workers went on strike instantly paralyzing about 2000km railway network of China and eventually paved way for the Chinese Communist Party to get a future hold in their country. Er’qi meaning 7th February is a reminder of the massacre caused by Wu on the workers.
- The tower was built in 1951 as memorial to the worker’s union. It stands about 14 floors high and the design comprises of two interconnected pentagonal towers.
- If looked from east to west they look like a single tower but if looked at from north to south it seems like twin towers standing adjacent.
- Inside the towers is a winding stairs that leads to the top along with a lot exhibitions of photos from the era describing the evolution of the strike.
- The top terrace has a beautiful view of the entire city and square below is a place for political and cultural activities.
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower Information
- Although closed at 5:30 pm the square is accessible throughout the day and the Tower looks wonderfully radiant especially in the evenings with its colourful lights.
How To reach Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower by Public Transport
- By Bus - Lines: 21, 28, K906, 89, 93, 603, 32, K6, 17, 57, 60, 806, 85 and 38
Restaurants Near Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Zhengzhou Forest Park
- Zhengzhou Stadium
- Century Amusement Park, Zhengzhou
- Zhengzhou Art Museum
- Zhengzhou Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zhengzhou
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zhengzhou
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zhengzhou