Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument TowerCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 230 Erqi Rd, Erqi, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Monument, Square, Family And Kids, Tower
About Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou
More of a reminder than a monument of the power of people, The Er’qi tower in Zhengzhou is an important part of the modern history of china. In 1923 when the railway workers union went on a strike for their rights the Chinese warlords at the time tried to suppress them in any way they could. One of the warlords Wu Peifu even killed the some workers and imprisoned others but this only aggravated the issue. More than 20,000 railway workers went on strike instantly paralyzing about 2000km railway network of China and eventually paved way for the Chinese Communist Party to get a future hold in their country. Er’qi meaning 7th February is a reminder of the massacre caused by Wu on the workers.
- The tower was built in 1951 as memorial to the worker’s union. It stands about 14 floors high and the design comprises of two interconnected pentagonal towers.
- If looked from east to west they look like a single tower but if looked at from north to south it seems like twin towers standing adjacent.
- Inside the towers is a winding stairs that leads to the top along with a lot exhibitions of photos from the era describing the evolution of the strike.
- The top terrace has a beautiful view of the entire city and square below is a place for political and cultural activities.
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower Information
- Although closed at 5:30 pm the square is accessible throughout the day and the Tower looks wonderfully radiant especially in the evenings with its colourful lights.
How To reach Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower by Public Transport
- By Bus - Lines: 21, 28, K906, 89, 93, 603, 32, K6, 17, 57, 60, 806, 85 and 38
Restaurants Near Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower
95% of people who visit Zhengzhou include Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
27.82% of people start their Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower
93.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower Map
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower Trips
Er'qi Square And Er'qi Strike Monument Tower, Zhengzhou Reviews
All QuestionsEr'qi square and er'qi strike monument tower
- Harrison - Bolsters Mills Village Library
- Levi Sargent House
- Saturday Pond
- Bell Hill School
- The Nutting Homestead
- Seven Bays Campground
- Seven Bays Airport
- Katskilu Nometne
- Church Communities Ny
- Platte Clove
- Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Devils Path
- Elka Park Club House
- Platte Clove Post Office, Old
- Jefferson County Public Library