Henan MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: No.8 Nongye Road, Jinshui District, Zhengzhou 450002, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 0371-63511237
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture
Henan Museum - Review
The oldest and the biggest museum in China, Henan Museum is known for its grandiose and elegant architecture as well as the age old relics showcased here. The main building is in a shape of a filemot pyramid and covers a whopping 100,000 square meters. Built in 1927 and after several relocations and renaming, the museum stands where it is today in Jinshui district, Zhengzhou. The museum currently displays about
- 130,000 pieces of cultural relics and treasures of which more than 5000 are first and second grade.
- A distinctive feature of the museum is that not only does it display ancient Chinese musical instruments like Bone Flute, Wooden Drums and Stone Chimes but also arranges a musical concert using them.
- Bronze vessels of the Shang and Zhou Dynasties and pottery and porcelain wares of the various dynasties in Chinese history.
- Stone carvings and treasures of Ming and Qing dynasties.
Henan Museum Information
- Audio tours in English, Japanese & Chinese available.
- Amenities for Old and disabled available.
- No admittance after 4:00 pm.
Henan Museum Ticket Prices
- English audio-guide: CNY20
How To reach Henan Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Henan Museum
- Lines: 30, 61, 105, 209, Y811
Restaurants Near Henan Museum
- Jiangnan New World Restaurant
- Bai yan Lamian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Henan Museum
83.96% of people who visit Zhengzhou include Henan Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55.88% of people start their Henan Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Henan Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Henan Museum
Henan Museum Trips
Henan Museum, Zhengzhou Reviews
Free entry so I cannot grumble. The main pyramid building was closed but there were a couple of other buildings open with exhibits.
Main building was renovated. Could not see all of the collection
In 2 hours you can traverse the whole Chinese history
Very interesting Chinese history
Not sure what you're doing in Zhengzhou as a tourist, but go ahead and visit. Most displays have English signs, some interesting art, and this pyrymid in the middle of a busy city is interesting