Henan Museum, ZhengzhouCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: No.8 Nongye Road, Jinshui District, Zhengzhou 450002, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 0371-63511237
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Henan Museum, Zhengzhou
The oldest and the biggest museum in China, Henan Museum is known for its grandiose and elegant architecture as well as the age old relics showcased here. The main building is in a shape of a filemot pyramid and covers a whopping 100,000 square meters. Built in 1927 and after several relocations and renaming, the museum stands where it is today in Jinshui district, Zhengzhou. The museum currently displays about
- 130,000 pieces of cultural relics and treasures of which more than 5000 are first and second grade.
- A distinctive feature of the museum is that not only does it display ancient Chinese musical instruments like Bone Flute, Wooden Drums and Stone Chimes but also arranges a musical concert using them.
- Bronze vessels of the Shang and Zhou Dynasties and pottery and porcelain wares of the various dynasties in Chinese history.
- Stone carvings and treasures of Ming and Qing dynasties.
Henan Museum Information
- Audio tours in English, Japanese & Chinese available.
- Amenities for Old and disabled available.
- No admittance after 4:00 pm.
Henan Museum Ticket Prices
- English audio-guide: CNY20
How To reach Henan Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Henan Museum
- Lines: 30, 61, 105, 209, Y811
Restaurants Near Henan Museum
- Jiangnan New World Restaurant
- Bai yan Lamian
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Henan Museum, Zhengzhou Reviews
Not sure what you're doing in Zhengzhou as a tourist, but go ahead and visit. Most displays have English signs, some interesting art, and this pyrymid in the middle of a busy city is interesting
This museum tells about my daughter's ancestors and the roots of the chinese civilization.