Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou
About Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou
Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Deng Feng Da Dao, Dengfeng, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Ticket Price: 100 CNY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 647 times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Cave, Family And Kids, Monastery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Song Mountains are one of the five important mountains in China mainly because of the rich cultural heritage it embodies. The Shaolin temple, considered to be the birthplace of Chinese Zen Buddhism and Kung Fu martial arts stands here and looks like it’s etched out of lore. It is said that an ancient sage named Bodhidharma came here from India, taught and transmitted Buddhism and the martial arts known as kung fu in the 6th century.
Dating back 1500 years the temple and its adjoining Pagoda forest has been listen as UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010. The highlights include:
- Shanmen hall
- The Hall of Heavenly Kings
- The Pagoda Forest, which is a courtyard of pagodas about 15mt tall.
- The Ancestor’s monastery
- Dharma Cave
- The monk’s living quarters
- Wushu training centre where the monks practiced martial arts.
The temple and its adjacent highlights are located at a height of about 1300mts in the mountains and along with the mystical statues of seers and masters it is a spectacular sight to see.
How To reach Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains by Public Transport
- Shaolin temple buses are available from Luorang railways station in the morning 6:00 am and 7:00 am.
- There are regular buses which leave more or less every half an hour from the Dengfeng central bus station.
Restaurants Near Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains
- Qing Lin YangRou Guan ZongDian
- Shi ER Lou
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Shangcheng International
- Henan University Of Technology
- Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport Yingji Jiuyuan Command Center
- Song Yuesita
- Zhengzhou Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Zhengzhou
- What to See in 48 Hours in Zhengzhou
- What to See in 72 Hours in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 6 Days in Zhengzhou
- How to Spend 7 Days in Zhengzhou