Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, ZhengzhouCurrently Open
- Address: Deng Feng Da Dao, Dengfeng, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +863-7162748971
- Ticket Price: 100 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Cave, Family And Kids, Monastery
About Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou
The Song Mountains are one of the five important mountains in China mainly because of the rich cultural heritage it embodies. The Shaolin temple, considered to be the birthplace of Chinese Zen Buddhism and Kung Fu martial arts stands here and looks like it’s etched out of lore. It is said that an ancient sage named Bodhidharma came here from India, taught and transmitted Buddhism and the martial arts known as kung fu in the 6th century.
Dating back 1500 years the temple and its adjoining Pagoda forest has been listen as UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010. The highlights include:
- Shanmen hall
- The Hall of Heavenly Kings
- The Pagoda Forest, which is a courtyard of pagodas about 15mt tall.
- The Ancestor’s monastery
- Dharma Cave
- The monk’s living quarters
- Wushu training centre where the monks practiced martial arts.
The temple and its adjacent highlights are located at a height of about 1300mts in the mountains and along with the mystical statues of seers and masters it is a spectacular sight to see.
How To reach Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains by Public Transport
- Shaolin temple buses are available from Luorang railways station in the morning 6:00 am and 7:00 am.
- There are regular buses which leave more or less every half an hour from the Dengfeng central bus station.
Restaurants Near Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains
- Qing Lin YangRou Guan ZongDian
- Shi ER Lou
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains, Zhengzhou Reviews
All Questionsshaolin temple in song mountains
- Attractions near Shaolin Temple In Song Mountains
- Northern Song Dynasty Imperial Tomb & Mausoleum