The Yellow river known as ‘the cradle of Chinese civilization’ has literally nourished many settlements and civilizations for millenniums. A museum which is entirely dedicated to its study is perfectly well worth visiting. In 1955, the Yellow River Water Conservancy Commission of the Ministry of Water Resources sponsored an exhibition of harnessing Yellow River, touring around major cities. In 1957 it was permanently housed in Zhengzhou. The museum is divided into four parts namely:
- ‘The Great Yellow River’ which describes the river’s rich history.
- ‘Scourges’ describes the floods and rampages in the torrents of the river that has levelled villages and settlements in the past.
- “Yellow River Harness” describes the nourishment it has done over the years.
- And finally ‘Yellow River in Progress’ describes the on-going developments on the river beds.
Entrance Ticket Details For Yellow River Museum
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Yellow River Museum
- By Bus - Lines: 101, 9, 26, 27, 66, 86, 87 and 208
- Lao hubei Hot dry noodles
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.34% of people who visit Zhengzhou include Yellow River Museum in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
50% of people start their Yellow River Museum visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Yellow River Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yellow River Museum