The scenic area comprises mainly a section of hills along the Yellow River. The river is known as ‘the cradle of Chinese civilization’ since it has existed from prehistoric times and hence nourished a lot many settlements along its banks. The scenic area has mainly five attractions namely:
- Five Dragons Peak.
- Yueshan temple, located about 1.5km to the east of Five dragons peak. The temple has a gong which is struck during festivals and reverberates for long distances.
- Camel mountain range, is 2 km to the west of the temple. The statue of Yu the Great, a legendary ruler of the Xia dynasty 21st century B.C is particularly striking.
- Stone figures of Yandi and Huangdi are a bit ahead in the mountain range. They are said to the Chinese ancestors 5th tallest statue in the world.
- The cities of Liu bang and Xiang Yu which are about 2200 years old where there are many sculptures of soldiers, kings, and war horses sculpted in great detail.
The surrounding vistas are so beautiful that while walking you’ll feel like you’re in a lord of the rings movie going through passes and ancient cities and huge statues. A wonderful place to trek and hike.
- CNY 60 per person
- CNY 20 for one way
- CNY 30 for a round way cable car between Wulong Peak and Luotuo Mountain.
- CNY 80 for a ride of hovercraft.
- During Summer - 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- During Winter - 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- By Bus - Take tourist buses 1 and 16 from Zhengzhou station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zhengzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zhengzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.81% of people who visit Zhengzhou include Yellow River Scenic Area in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
52.78% of people start their Yellow River Scenic Area visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Yellow River Scenic Area
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yellow River Scenic Area