How to Reach Zion National Park
HOW TO GET TO ZION NATIONAL PARK
- By Road: Zion National Park can be reached via the scenic Zion-Mt. Carmel Highway. The highway is easily accessible from Salt Lake City, Cedar City, St. George and Las Vegas. Cars are easily available for hire at these cities.
- By Air: The closest international from Zion National Park is Mccaran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada. The airport is connected to major cities in the world like London, Frankfurt, Zurich and Seoul, as well as, domestic cities like New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago and Washington. The airport is at distance of 3 hours’ drive from the park.
HOW TO GET AROUND ZION NATIONAL PARK
- By Car: Most parts of the park are easily accessible by car. Although from late March to October, the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is shut for cars. During winters make sure your car can safely run over icy roads.
- By Shuttle Bus: Between late May and October, a shuttle bus runs across most points of Zion National Park, in order to cut down on traffic congestion as this is the peak season. The Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is accessible only by the shuttle bus during this time.
- By Bike: Zion National Park is very bike-friendly, although they are not allowed on hike trails. Bikers need to ride very carefully due to the high traffic of cars.
- On Foot: Zion National Park can be best explored by hiking across the scenic trails it offers.