Zion-mt. Carmel HighwayCurrently Open
- Address: Zion – Mount Carmel Hwy, Utah, USA, Zion National Park, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4357723256
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Nature, Tunnel
About Zion-mt. Carmel Highway, Zion National Park
Zion National Park owes most of its popularity to this scenic highway. Connecting the park to the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, this 10-mile stretch is nothing less than a roller coaster ride, with switchbacks, slickrocks and seasonal waterfalls adding to the charm of the road. There are various places along the path where you can pull over to soak in the raw beauty of nature surrounding you. The Mt. Carmel Tunnel is one of the highlights of the highway. Constructed before cars were a part of our daily lives, this historic tunnel stretches over 1.1 miles and was built with the purpose of connecting major cities to these nature's bounties.
Zion-mt. Carmel Highway Information
- Be cautious when driving, because despite the pull off areas, drivers invariably become distracted by the view and many stop right in the road (illegally) to gaze at the scenery.
- In winter, spring and fall, watch out for unexpected ice.
- Bicycles and pedestrians are banned from the tunnel, which has no artificial lighting.
Zion-mt. Carmel Highway Ticket Prices
- You need to purchase a recreational use pass upon entering Zion National Park.
- Private Vehicle (15 passenger capacity or less): $30. Valid for 7 days.
- Motorcycle: $25. Valid for 7 days.
- Per Person: $15. Valid for 7 days.
- Youth 15 and under are admitted free.
How To reach Zion-mt. Carmel Highway by Public Transport
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zion National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zion National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Zion-mt. Carmel Highway
56.98% of people who visit Zion National Park include Zion-mt. Carmel Highway in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
50.47% of people start their Zion-mt. Carmel Highway visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Zion-mt. Carmel Highway
92.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zion-mt. Carmel Highway
Zion-mt. Carmel Highway Map
Zion-mt. Carmel Highway, Zion National Park Reviews
All QuestionsZion-mt. carmel highway
- Real Prop Support Of Archdiose Of Sf
- M J Redmond Ministries
- San Francisco Bahai Center
- Studio Npg
- Presidio Theatre
- Morgan Auditorium
- Laguna And Chestnut Muni Stop
- Full Gospel San Francisco Church
- MUNI Bus Stop - Ashbury & Waller
- The Motherlode
- Zombie Escape Room
- Paradise Baptist Church
- Art Pad SF
- Beach Chalet Gift Shop