As the largest city in Switzerland, Zurich is characterized by a unique mix of nature and culture. The city is located on the meeting point between lake Zurich and the Limmat River in the north of Switzerland. The city is home to fine wining and dining delights, a lively nightlife, more than 50 museums, about 100 galleries and green spaces within for the enjoyment of tourists and locals alike. Each one of you should visit Zurich at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Zurich.
Amidst the bustling landscape, this city offers stupendous views of the snowcapped mountains overlooking from the horizon. Thanks to its cultural vibrancy that nestles pristine nature in its lap, Zurich is considered to be the world’s most livable city. To add more to its charm is the fact that it is also Europe’s sought after hippie destination with a quirky and bohemian dash to it. More research on this city will tell you that it is Switzerland’s largest and wealthiest metropolis where church steeples glare hard amidst financial centers. Surrounding the city are immensely beautiful trails, lakes and scenic vistas that never fail to add a pristine natural dimension to Zurich.
Essential travel information and Zurich tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Zurich is Swiss Francs.
- Electricity: Electricity in Switzerland is 230 V, 50 Hz AC. Plug sockets are round and take three round pins - they can take Europlugs with two pins.
- Internet: 3G and 4G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Zurich is Swiss German.
- Fire Department-118, Ambulances- 144.
- Tipping is not a must in Switzerland as service is always included in the price. However if you were pleased with the service you got, tips are appreciated and many leave 5-10 percent of the bill.
- In Zürich, skip the fancy tourist restaurants and go local.
- Don’t plan too much of your trip. Switzerland favors independent travelers and besides, the transportation network lets you go anywhere, anytime.
Zurich Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Zurich. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Zurich trip planner.
want to see and hike in flower fields. staying in zurichAnswer Report Abuse
You can try out the Felsenegg-Buchenegg Loop which is just 15 minutes away from Zurich. There is also the Mainau Flower Island, but it is about 1 hour away from Zurich. Hiking through Areuse Gorge will also take you through forests and meadows along the river; it is about 2 hours away from Zurich.Report Abuse