How to Reach Zurich, Switzerland
The Easiest Way to Reach Zurich
HOW TO GET TO ZURICH
- By Air: The Zurich Airport Switzerland is the largest and busiest and is run characteristically efficiently. It is situated 12 minutes away from the city centre by train; the train departs every 10 to 15 minutes.
- By Train: You can also get in by train to Hauptbahnhof train station from other cities in Switzerland and Europe, and most Swiss highways lead straight into Zurich.
- By Car: Most of the highways in Switzerland offer a gateway to Zurich. While train might be an easier option, travelling to Zurich through car is one of the ways you can experience the beauty of Zurich its outskirts, and Swiss villages.
HOW TO GET AROUND ZURICH
- By Public transport: The best way to roam around and explore the city of Zurich is through its public transport that holds an extra ordinary network in the city. There are trams, buses and trains to take you from one location to another. You can also purchase tickets for 1 hour or Day Cards for various zones.
- By Taxi: You can easily find a taxi in Zurich by just calling. In the city there are several taxi stands from where you can hail taxis.
- On Foot: Most of the attractions in the city lie at a close distance from each other. It is best to explore Zurich on foot as you will be able to admire the natural beauty as well.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Zurich and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Zurich
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Zurich. The most preferred mode of transport in Zurich is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.72 km Average time: 35.38 min
Train/Metro 34.48%Train 27.85 min Walking 9.7 min Waiting 4.05 min Bus 3.75 min Tram 1.25 min Other 0.75 min Overall average time for 25.15 kms 47.35 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.79%Bus 17 min Waiting 4.63 min Walking 3.5 min Other 1.13 min Train 0.88 min Tram 0.38 min Overall average time for 8.38 kms 27.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 8.62%Tram 22.4 min Waiting 8.6 min Bus 7.8 min Walking 6.4 min Overall average time for 11.54 kms 45.2 min
Walking 15.52%Walking 12.11 min Train 3.89 min Waiting 3.56 min Bus 3 min Tram 1 min Overall average time for 4.32 kms 23.56 min
Bike 12.07%Bike 20.57 min Walking 0.14 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 20.71 min
Car 6.9%Driving 30 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 15.25 kms 31.25 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Zurich
- How to reach Lucerne
- How to reach Engelberg
- How to reach Brienz
- How to reach Interlaken
- How to reach Chur
- How to reach Neuchatel
- How to reach Ingenbohl
- How to reach Neuhausen Am Rheinfall
- How to reach Lauterbrunnen
- How to Reach Top Cities in Switzerland
- How to reach Bern
- How to reach Vevey
- How to reach St Moritz
- How to reach Thun
- How to reach Wengen
- How to reach Sion
- How to reach Grindelwald
- How to reach Sainte-croix
- How to reach Aigle
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Sebastopol
- How to reach Enterprise
- How to reach Daytona Beach