How to Reach Zurich - The Easiest Way to Reach Zurich
HOW TO GET TO ZURICH
- By Air: The Zurich Airport Switzerland is the largest and busiest and is run characteristically efficiently. It is situated 12 minutes away from the city centre by train; the train departs every 10 to 15 minutes.
- By Train: You can also get in by train to Hauptbahnhof train station from other cities in Switzerland and Europe, and most Swiss highways lead straight into Zurich.
- By Car: Most of the highways in Switzerland offer a gateway to Zurich. While train might be an easier option, travelling to Zurich through car is one of the ways you can experience the beauty of Zurich its outskirts, and Swiss villages.
HOW TO GET AROUND ZURICH
- By Public transport: The best way to roam around and explore the city of Zurich is through its public transport that holds an extra ordinary network in the city. There are trams, buses and trains to take you from one location to another. You can also purchase tickets for 1 hour or Day Cards for various zones.
- By Taxi: You can easily find a taxi in Zurich by just calling. In the city there are several taxi stands from where you can hail taxis.
- On Foot: Most of the attractions in the city lie at a close distance from each other. It is best to explore Zurich on foot as you will be able to admire the natural beauty as well.
Are you looking for a Zurich travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Zurich
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Zurich. The most preferred mode of transport in Zurich is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 13.66 km Average time: 34.47 min
Train/Metro 34.78%Train 26.42 min Walking 9.5 min Waiting 4.25 min Bus 3.71 min Tram 1.04 min Other 0.63 min Overall average time for 23 kms 45.54 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.04%Bus 16.89 min Waiting 4.78 min Walking 3.44 min Other 1 min Train 0.78 min Tram 0.33 min Overall average time for 8 kms 27.22 min
Tram/Streetcar 10.14%Tram 19.57 min Waiting 8.29 min Bus 6.14 min Walking 5.86 min Train 1.43 min Overall average time for 10.1 kms 41.29 min
Walking 14.49%Walking 11.6 min Train 3.8 min Waiting 3.7 min Bus 2.7 min Tram 0.9 min Overall average time for 4.19 kms 22.7 min
Bike 11.59%Bike 20.13 min Walking 0.13 min Overall average time for 7.44 kms 20.25 min
Car 8.7%Driving 30.83 min Walking 0.83 min Overall average time for 13 kms 31.67 min
How to Reach Zurich from Nearby Cities
|Dietikon to Zurich||2.52 km||2 mins|
|District 4 to Zurich||13.42 km||13 mins|
|Baden to Zurich||14.59 km||14 mins|
|Rümlang to Zurich||16.95 km||16 mins|
|Wallisellen to Zurich||22.47 km||22 mins|
|Cham to Zurich||22.66 km||22 mins|
|Windisch to Zurich||22.85 km||22 mins|
|Zollikerberg to Zurich||23.23 km||23 mins|
|Brugg to Zurich||24.12 km||24 mins|
|Dübendorf to Zurich||24.77 km||24 mins|