How to Reach Zurich
The Easiest Way to Reach Zurich
HOW TO GET TO ZURICH
- By Air: The Zurich Airport Switzerland is the largest and busiest and is run characteristically efficiently. It is situated 12 minutes away from the city centre by train; the train departs every 10 to 15 minutes.
- By Train: You can also get in by train to Hauptbahnhof train station from other cities in Switzerland and Europe, and most Swiss highways lead straight into Zurich.
- By Car: Most of the highways in Switzerland offer a gateway to Zurich. While train might be an easier option, travelling to Zurich through car is one of the ways you can experience the beauty of Zurich its outskirts, and Swiss villages.
HOW TO GET AROUND ZURICH
- By Public transport: The best way to roam around and explore the city of Zurich is through its public transport that holds an extra ordinary network in the city. There are trams, buses and trains to take you from one location to another. You can also purchase tickets for 1 hour or Day Cards for various zones.
- By Taxi: You can easily find a taxi in Zurich by just calling. In the city there are several taxi stands from where you can hail taxis.
- On Foot: Most of the attractions in the city lie at a close distance from each other. It is best to explore Zurich on foot as you will be able to admire the natural beauty as well.
Modes of Transportation in Zurich
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Zurich. The most preferred mode of transport in Zurich is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 15.5 km Average time: 35.98 min
Train/Metro 38%Train 27.47 min Walking 9.42 min Waiting 4.05 min Bus 3.95 min Tram 1.32 min Other 0.79 min Overall average time for 25.42 kms 47 min
Walking 12%Walking 13.17 min Train 3.83 min Bus 3.33 min Waiting 3.33 min Overall average time for 4.42 kms 23.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 8%Tram 20.5 min Bus 8.5 min Waiting 8.25 min Walking 7 min Overall average time for 11.43 kms 44.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14%Bus 18.29 min Walking 4 min Waiting 3.86 min Other 1.29 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 9.14 kms 28.43 min
Bike 12%Bike 22 min Walking 0.17 min Overall average time for 7.92 kms 22.17 min
Car 6%Driving 23.33 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 10.33 kms 25 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Wengen
- How To Reach Sion
- How To Reach Basel
- How To Reach Gruyeres
- How To Reach Rapperswil
- How To Reach Lausanne
- How To Reach Zermatt
- How To Reach Geneva
- How To Reach Lugano
- How To Reach Montreux
- Cities Near Zurich
- How To Reach Lucerne
- How To Reach Interlaken
- How To Reach Bern
- How To Reach Vevey
- How To Reach Brienz
- How To Reach Neuchatel
- How To Reach St Moritz
- How To Reach Chur
- How To Reach Engelberg
- How To Reach Thun