- Address: Kunsthaus Zürich Heimplatz 1 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 41-442538484
- Ticket Price: 15 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
The Kunsthaus Zurich houses a standout amongst the most vital craftsmanship accumulations in Switzerland and Europe, gathered throughout the years by the neighborhood craft cooperation called Zurcher Kunstgesellschaft. The accumulation compasses from the Middle Ages to contemporary craft, with a stress on Swiss symbolization. The historical center was drawn-up by engineers Karl Moser and Robert Curjel, and opened in 1910. The display center's gathering incorporates works from Edvard Munch, Jacques Lipchitz and Alberto Giacom. This art museum is one that has one of the best collections in all of Europe and should certainly be a part of the itinerary of all tourists who visit Zurich.
- All Swiss school classes up to Matura- free of charge.
- Students, apprentices, those attending school, single- concessions.
- University seminar groups from the city and canton of Zurich- free of charge.
- All other University seminar groups- concessions.
- Pensioners, disabled- concessions.
- On Wednesday admission to the Collection is free of charge for all visitors.
- Adults: CHF 15/10 (concessions) incl. Audio Guide (German/English/French/Italian)
- Groups of over 20: CHF 10 per person
Combined ticket for all temporary exhibitions and the collection:
- Adults: CHF 25/18 (concessions)
- Groups of over 20: CHF 18
- Kunsthaus Station Tram: 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 15 ; Buses: 31, 33, 34
- Dapur Indonesia Restaurant – Indonesian
- Didi's Frieden – International
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Zurich before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Zurich and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.94% of people who visit Zurich include Kunsthaus in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
32.9% of people start their Kunsthaus visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kunsthaus
74.53% of people prefer walking in order to reach Kunsthaus
A truly wonderful gallery. I particularly liked the carrot on a sofa, the shark and the Saint, and the boy on tortoise. But seriously, The collections are superb, including pop art, modern, expressionist, impressionists, Picasso, Munch, Chagall, both Giacomettis, and I didn't even get time to see the old master section. Lovely architecture too although some new building going on right now. It was free entry when we went on Wednesday afternoon.
This is an amazing art museum. It's not huge like many in other cities, but it has a wonderful collection of artists. Here's a tip pay with American Express card and they actually give you a discount if you're going to see the current exhibition. We saw the exhibition on French painter Robert Delaunay. Just wonderful.
One of my favourite museums. Great collection and most of the time interesting exhibitions. I would go there every week!
Disappointed to see that there are no proper translations throughout the museum. Which means that either you know German or you do not get any information about the piece apart from the date. Otherwise the museum is well organized.
Wonderful permanent collection, surprising interventions with the artworks and relevant temporary exhibits. The Café inside takes on themes from the exhibits which is great fun. A bit expensive.